Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
Neither would Geico in South Carolina re. my Mod3 purchase a coupla years ago... meanwhile Tesla vehicle insurance availability hasn't even tried to work its way outa California yet ??
Something is ? here?
I'm going to keep this simple,
No Tesla TriMotor CyberPunk PUT Vehicle Insurance, NO SALE!!!!
Sponsored

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Where I am the insurance is definitely cheaper than comparably priced ICE vehicle due to the safety and security features on the Model 3 hoping it's the same for CT.
I'm guessing probably $1500/yr CAD.
That is basically what State Farm told me...

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I'm not sure how cheap insurance is on the current Tesla vehicles, but I'm thinking the CT will be pretty cheap insurance. The body won't dent, the glass is bullet proof, tons of safety features, the vault will provide security as it will be tough to break into, and the current Tesla vehicles have some of the highest safety ratings of any vehicle and I assume the CT will be the same.
Depends what you're insuring for. Comprehensive should be cheap because it's such a tough vehicle. Collision coverage could be extra high for several reasons, but you can skip it. All you probably need (for registration) is liability protection, and it's unlikely that the CT would be seen as more lethal than any other vehicle.

OB-ONE

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT, ordered: 5-AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This will all change by the time we get the CT, 18-mos from now at the earliest. At that point in time there will be over 2-million Teslas on the road with a min. of level 4 self driving capabilities and safety features will be well known by all insurance cos. Hopefully Tesla insurance will be available nationwide by then.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
This will all change by the time we get the CT, 18-mos from now at the earliest. At that point in time there will be over 2-million Teslas on the road with a min. of level 4 self driving capabilities and safety features will be well known by all insurance cos. Hopefully Tesla insurance will be available nationwide by then.
I'm really having trouble understanding exactly why Tesla's holding out on going national with their vehicle insurance coverage... what saye U ?

OB-ONE

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT, ordered: 5-AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm really having trouble understanding exactly why Tesla's holding out on going national with their vehicle insurance coverage... what saye U ?
Insurance regulations are different in every state and going by what Elon has done in the past, I'm sure he is using California as a starting point and will open up other states as he grows. The majority of sales are in California now and as other states start to buy in volume I'm sure you will see him add to the list.

MrMike777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I’m sure CA is the biggest possible pain in the ass. The other states will be easy.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Anybody else going to carry liability only? I am not worried about hail damage.

I trust FSD to keep me from any at-fault claims. This should save $1,000's over time.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
GDay, I have been trying to locate the Austin plant on Google maps. I have been looking Nth from Lockhart on I30? The drone footage seems to indicate this and the Hwy view as well..BUT I CANNOT find?
Could someone help :):):) please.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Thanks crissa. I figured it was the wrong place, but didn't see any other,,,, and at least "someone" ws looking and grave me an answer.
Thanks again.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I have noticed that there are always people being chipped for posting in the wrong threads.
Thanks
Sponsored