Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I’ve learned that the base Cybertruck doesn’t include AutoPilot, and it’s quite disappointing. I use it daily on my Model Y, and it’s surprising that a $100k car doesn’t come with this basic Tesla feature. Anyone else feeling the same way? It seems like we all choose Tesla for these options, and now we’re asked to pay extra for them. Thoughts?
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I absolutely agree that feature should have been rock solid before the first deliveries but elon & co didn’t want to miss another deadline

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I’ve learned that the base Cybertruck doesn’t include AutoPilot, and it’s quite disappointing. I use it daily on my Model Y, and it’s surprising that a $100k car doesn’t come with this basic Tesla feature. Anyone else feeling the same way? It seems like we all choose Tesla for these options, and now we’re asked to pay extra for them. Thoughts?
The “base” CT isn’t $100k..it’s $70k.

aadams1278

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
you don’t have to pay extra for base autopilot in the Cybertruck. It’s not “not included”, it’s just not available yet. Actually, all the Founders Series trucks come with FSD, it just isn’t enabled yet. Both will get activated with a software update.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So just to be clear, no one is paying extra for the base autopilot. It just isn't available right now. This isn't entirely uncommon for early adopters when it comes to tech, and it's important to remember that the Cybertruck isn't just a truck, it is also a tech purchase when you look at autopilot, fsd, and other features.

It is definitely unfortunate that early adopters will have to manual drive for a while, who knows for how long, could be weeks, could be months, but it will eventually come.

Look on the bright side though, you get to drive steer-by-wire while it's new.
Sponsored