Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
when I recently purchased my model Y I was hoping to use a referral from my friend to get 10,000 points for them and three months free FSD for me. I purchased it online and there was nothing in the paperwork to input a referral link. as soon as I finished the purchase I called Tesla and that's when they told me you have to purchase by clicking on the link to start the purchase. I'm very happy with my new car, but not too happy with the way Tesla did not explain that very well when I talk to the sales people about it ahead of time. beware guys and gals you have to click on the referral link that you want to use, to start a purchase.

Tesla Cybertruck Be aware, referral points are tricky to get IMG_20240116_150246
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The referral link is a link for a reason. It's not a referral code.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Will this be the case when we actually start the purchase process for the CT? After having a reservation /$100 deposit (what ever it is ) ? I would gladly use someone's referral if that is it the case.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Will this be the case when we actually start the purchase process for the CT? After having a reservation /$100 deposit (what ever it is ) ? I would gladly use someone's referral if that is it the case.
No referrals accepted for the Cybertruck.

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The referral link is a link for a reason. It's not a referral code.
Yes, I know this now. Earlier in the week when I took a demo drive, I mentioned to the sales person that I had a friend that I was hoping to use their referral. At that point the sales person said that would be great. I could get a charger for 2500 points and my friend would still get 7500 points of his 10,000. In addition to that I would receive 3 months a free FSD. They never explained how to use a referral link by clicking on the link to start the process. Also, I talked to my friend after that and mentioned the plan of using 2500 points. he was all for it, and apparently he doesn't know about it being a referral link that you have to use either, because he never mentioned it, and after this went down he was even surprised. anyway I just thought I would give the people on here a heads up if they are interested in buying something other than a model 3 or cyber truck which are not part of the referral plan.
Sponsored