Build Quality of Cybertrucks

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
You can’t buy a trunk sized heat pump, it takes millions of dollars to engineer one and build a production line for it. Sourcing a compact heater or AC unit is simple and cheap but inefficient.
Heat pumps are expensive
Ummm…. Minor point of order… An AC unit IS a heat pump.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Ummm…. Minor point of order… An AC unit IS a heat pump.
Yes, A/C is a heat pump. But one that is powerful enough to be suitable for heating as well as cooling is more expensive and more complex than automotive A/C. It needs to be able to run both directions, extra valves and sensors, bigger heat exchangers, etc. There are considerable system design trade-offs when going from A/C to a heat pump that can perform both functions well.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Interesting calculated statement! So Range pencils.
To be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps I need some coffee...

Orange Pencils? Range Pencils?

Best I can figure out is it's an Arrested Development reference. I never watched the show, sadly.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
When I vote for comfort - I don't care about batteries and so on. That is why I don't buy EV yet. Once everything on its own place - I will take it but not now. And yes I do not care how much I pay for gas, anyway, it is much cheaper here than in the EU or Russia.
Regarding service cost - I can service my car for 10 years with the price difference between new EV and ICE if we compare the same class of vehicles.
You don't care about the fact that ICE cars are substantially more polluting over their lifetime? Don't get me wrong, I still drive an ICE car but my next car will be an EV because we all should do something.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
(Too much demand they say) and I live like nowhere (Great state of Ohio). Will definitely try test driving one for sure. Thanks.
"Tried getting a test drive after seeing your message but I guess they do not have an appointment available."
Here in Canada I couldn't get a response from my local Tesla shop for months. Finally I did, and was impressed with the hour's drive. Probably takes a while to get things in place.

Deleted member 5322

You don't care about the fact that ICE cars are substantially more polluting over their lifetime? Don't get me wrong, I still drive an ICE car but my next car will be an EV because we all should do something.
when I can get nice, comfort car with a decent range - my car will be EV as well. Waiting for CT, will see how it will come out

Deleted member 5322

Model Y is all of the above.
Have you ever driven nice luxury car?
I guess no if you mentioned MY.

I am waiting for Lucid, that what looks close to nice comfort luxury car. MY, M3, VW ID4 - are nice for being a taxi cab.... so poor inside.... You would offer an EV Bicycle yet. )))) Nothing personal

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I am waiting for Lucid, that what looks close to nice comfort luxury car. MY, M3, VW ID4 - are nice for being a taxi cab.... so poor inside.... You would offer an EV Bicycle yet. )))) Nothing personal
You were talking about the Cybertruck.

If you expect the Cybertruck will be a lot more luxurious than the Model Y, you are likely going to be disappointed. Cybertruck is a lot of thing... luxury isn't one of them. You might consider a Hummer.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

So I think the answer to my original question was "no". ?

Deleted member 5322

You were talking about the Cybertruck.

If you expect the Cybertruck will be a lot more luxurious than the Model Y, you are likely going to be disappointed. Cybertruck is a lot of thing... luxury isn't one of them. You might consider a Hummer.
Don’t get me wrong, CT is just a truck. I do not expect anything from truck but utilization

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Don’t get me wrong, CT is just a truck.
When reading this an episode of Modern Family played out in my head. Someone said something surprising, Mitchell said "cue gasp" immediately followed by Cameron dramatically gasping. I miss those guys. Anyway, back to my point... HOW DARE YOU!!!! :)
Sponsored