Can you change delivery location without losing reservation

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I ordered the month after the unveiling so I have a fairly low order number. I have moved to a new state. I've read online that if you change your location in the app then they cancel your reservation.

Ideally, I would like to pick it up from the factory in Texas and then drive it home. Does anyone know if there will be negative consequences to changing the location, or if we will be able to pick up in Texas?

I can take delivery at my old location and see family... If I have to lol
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes. You arrange the delivery location after you configure and have a date to finalize the order.

We haven't been asked a delivery location or date yet, unless you've gotten specific access to the configurator, and no one has said that yet...

-Crissa

VinVeg

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, 3, Ridgeline, Miata
Occupation
Technology Designer Inventor Prototyper
Country flag
When we got our Model 3, we switched delivery to another part of the country. Since we were working there and my vehicle broke down on the way to work. I had no time to repair it and the configuration notice came that same day with an optional date before returning to the original address… We were so excited we didn’t wait.

It was a seamless switch. It may have even sped up our delivery… though it was farther from the factory!

Our collective experience may be different for the Cybertruck since they are coming out of Texas.

However, the fact that trucks are showing up at showrooms all over the place implies that they have no problem getting vehicles where they need to be! It just might take a little longer to travel to you.

Hope that calms your worries.
Sponsored