Carpool to Texas?

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
I have been thinking it would be fun to go to Texas to pickup my Cybertruck when it is ready. Then, I would drive it back to California. This would be more fun in a convoy of Cybertrucks, but the logistics seem like they would be tough to work out. I don’t know if there will be a large enough window of time for pickup to allow a few people to take delivery at the same time.

Anyway, I thought this could be a place for us to post delivery dates when the time comes, to try to coordinate such excursions...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gvardaman

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So.... this thread might be dead for years or die right here, lol!
maybe a replacement thread will pop up in late 2021?

OP
OP
Gvardaman

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's ok we'll deliver it...............don't want any more Californians ruining our state (LOL).
Haha! Point taken! :cool:

If I go, I will agree to limit my stay to a brief tour, purchase of a nice hat and boots and get my Cybertruck out fast before I have too much influence over the native population.

:p

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elio was going to pick you up at the airport. Of course, Elio was going to produce a vehicle too.

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I have been thinking it would be fun to go to Texas to pickup my Cybertruck when it is ready. Then, I would drive it back to California. This would be more fun in a convoy of Cybertrucks, but the logistics seem like they would be tough to work out. I don’t know if there will be a large enough window of time for pickup to allow a few people to take delivery at the same time.

Anyway, I thought this could be a place for us to post delivery dates when the time comes, to try to coordinate such excursions...
I flew to Idaho to pick up my Jeep Rubicon that I ordered and drove it back to Arizona with my wife and two of the kids. Had a great time and spent the night near Area 51. I highly recommend a road trip like that. You get to know your vehicle very well after a couple days behind the wheel.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Count me in if our trucks are completed around the same time. I am sure we could post a thread with expected delivery dates to allow members to coordinate a fly in/drive home caravan at different weeks throughout the year. Driving a pack of CT’s back to CA with other CT enthusiasts would be a great experience!

Last edited:

Deleted member 11233

You all are aware that current Texas state laws prohibit direct from manufacturer sales? You may have to pick it up in Oklahoma or another state. I'm here in Kansas and with similar laws I had to go to a Missouri Tesla location (albeit only 50 feet from the KS state line) to pick up my Model Y.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You all are aware that current Texas state laws prohibit direct from manufacturer sales? You may have to pick it up in Oklahoma or another state. I'm here in Kansas and with similar laws I had to go to a Missouri Tesla location (albeit only 50 feet from the KS state line) to pick up my Model Y.
They prohibit sales in Texas. Not deliveries. So in Texas right now, a Texas buyer 'buys' the car in New Mexico and then has it delivered to a showroom or service center in Texas. The staff in Texas can't talk about pricing.

And moreover, alot of us are from out of state and that wouldn't apply at all!

-Crissa

Skilledroy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck duel motor ordered.
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'm in, but can t seem to find my Reservation number for an estimate of delivery. Hasn't been important as the way things were going with production; .I'd most likely be dead a decade before the delivery date. 4+ years waiting now.
Sponsored