Colorado Springs - FS AWD Just paid deposit. Am I the 1st? Delivery 4-26!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Yep, I provided an update a couple posts back on this thread that confirmed it after speaking with one of the COS SC reps. Also noted that he indicated the plan was to fix them as the damage was "pretty minimal" and that they are currently waiting on parts. While I know transport damage is fairly common and often fixed on vehicles still sold as new, the facts of loss for this accident are not some minor fender bender . . .

"Colorado State Patrol said that the semi-truck had been traveling Northbound on I-25, when the driver collided with a barrier on the right side of the road. The truck driver then overcorrected, drifting across the Southbound lanes and hitting a barrier on the other side. Finally, the truck collided with an oncoming Ford F-150 and a Chevy Silverado, before flipping onto its side."
Maybe we can get the previously repaired discount lol
Sponsored

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Maybe we can get the previously repaired discount lol
I'd really prefer to not receive one of those and would happily wait for a new one off the line. Hell, like most others I'd happily take delivery at GigaTexas and drive it home to save them the trouble but I digress.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
I should be rational, you are making the better choice, but I have waited and saved and sacrificed for 4+ years for this moment. Without the delays....I could not have afforded it 4years ago. I finished my Masters at the start of COVID, that helped my career and allowed me to save the money. I have been living as if I never got that raise for 3.8 years, faithfully sticking every penny in savings.

Anyway, really just in shock that I got the email - I estimated my RES# at 277K in line.....
No surprise at 277K in line. Tesla will continue to sell FS Cybertrucks as long as suckers like us fall for it. Honestly I'm thinking of cancelling the order as Tesla is starting to ramp up and still has too many issues. If anything the ramping up finally happening is going to make this worse.

OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Platinum - Cybertruck Foundation AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Got my VIN today at 3:25 pm. Going by the COS Dealership to see if it is one of the 7 there on the lot.

OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Called tesla this morning, the rep stated my CT was in transit and had left ATX Saturday!

I asked for any time frame at all, and that I wouldn't hold him to a specific date, just wanted to get my ducks lined up and wanted to help the process and not hinder it.

He stated 2 weeks to end of month latest! He advised me to upload insurance now so that if a spot opened up for earlier delivery I would have everything already loaded. (I am choosing to take this as a hint).

Liberty mutual is hitting me for $168.00 a month.

He did not answer me when I asked if mine was affected by the accelerator issue, I didn't not push as "end of month latest" is fine with me.

Uploaded insurance - now just the wait for the delivery call.

Best wishes for everyone else in the wait Queue

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
Called tesla this morning, the rep stated my CT was in transit and had left ATX Saturday!

I asked for any time frame at all, and that I wouldn't hold him to a specific date, just wanted to get my ducks lined up and wanted to help the process and not hinder it.

He stated 2 weeks to end of month latest! He advised me to upload insurance now so that if a spot opened up for earlier delivery I would have everything already loaded. (I am choosing to take this as a hint).

Liberty mutual is hitting me for $168.00 a month.

He did not answer me when I asked if mine was affected by the accelerator issue, I didn't not push as "end of month latest" is fine with me.

Uploaded insurance - now just the wait for the delivery call.

Best wishes for everyone else in the wait Queue
Did you have to make final payment or can you wait upon delivery?

OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Did you have to make final payment or can you wait upon delivery?
I do not have a "real answer" as I did not ask the Tesla rep that part today. I will explain what I want to happen and then of course roll with the punches to make it happen.

I have spent the time since my post earlier with dinner (trying to be calm) and then finishing my loan stuff, and adding it to insurance.

I do have "cash" selected still in the app, and always have since the start (maybe it helped?)

I have uploaded my insurance in the app.

My loan is through ENT Credit Union - I am not comfortable with paying anything until after inspection, on delivery day, and then with a certified cashiers check.

Once I talk to ENT tomorrow during business hours I will ask if I can get a cashiers check when I have a delivery date. Or go with whatever they their preferred method is.

There was another poster, who on their delivery thread paid after inspection on delivery day as well. I think they did electronic and waited 2 hours for all to be done (if I remember right).

If I have to wait 2 hours like that as well I will, I have waited 4 years , 2 hours on delivery day will be cake.

Wishing everyone a speedy delivery.

If you have not driven to your local dealership and been able to see one..... please go.
There are 10 here in COS I went at 5:30 in the morning and just looked at them on the lot. No one else there, just me and 10 of them. It was ...... magnetic, all the old excitement came back, they are so much MORE in person it is unreal.
Tesla Cybertruck Colorado Springs - FS AWD Just paid deposit. Am I the 1st?  Delivery 4-26! View recent photos

Tesla Cybertruck Colorado Springs - FS AWD Just paid deposit. Am I the 1st?  Delivery 4-26! View recent photos (1)

Last edited:

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just got the text to pickup my CT Friday 4-26!!!!

Hope everyone gets the same message soon

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
So,

Now that a week has passed and I am somewhat sane again....

What is everyone doing in regards to the financing?

One person put cash then when they got their vin assigned swapped to financing, took delivery 3 days later. (Post on this forum) Did this help get the VIN faster?

Financing only holds for 60 days, then a reapplication with a 2nd hard credit pull. People with orders in December ( CO orders) still don't have a vin let alone a delivery date.

With only one showing delivered in CO (of reported on this site) with a timeframe of 88days.

Will not submitting my financing yet hold up VIN assignment?

I want to wait till I have a VIN assigned or at least wait 60 days before submitting my loan. Thought of doing the "cash to financing" switch and bait... but don't like to tempt Karma.

Thoughts?
Cash does nothing to help. other then making things easier if you want to, say fly in register your truck in CA and then drive it 3700 miles back to the other side of the country. :p