Am I the only one?

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Thanks but I own a Tesla and receive regular emails from them. And my address has been the same for 20 years.
I meant call them and make sure the reservation has the right zip code associated. I don’t remember if we had an option to specify our location while reserving. It’s very unusual that you are skipped. You should not have been skipped. The only plausible explanation is that the system might be using few fields (not shown to us), and your Reservation might not have been picked because of some mismatch. I can’t think of any other reason. What if you made a typo because of the excitement we all had to book asap? Instead of Fremont Zip 94536, you might have accidentally entered 99586 (Alaska). System might be thinking you are chilling out in Alaska, whereas you are sitting right next to the Fremont factory where they are delivering so many CTs, AND you are one of the earliest reservation holder! I'm just troubleshooting what could have gone wrong. CA deliveries are happening faster than those in other areas. It's very hard to believe you got skipped if you are within 1000 reservations!

I highly recommend calling them and making sure all your data under this “CT” reservation is accurate. There is no harm in doing this anyways. I wouldn't count on regular emails for data accuracy. It just means your email is accurate for sure :)!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SmittyVegas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited
Occupation
H/A Consultant
Country flag
Posted here before regarding invites to configure and my lack of one. I am a day 1 (first microsecond) reservation holder in Fremont. My reservation number according to the tracker would be 654(original number). I ordered the Tri-Motor with FSD. Is there ANYONE with a similar circumstance on this forum? Am I the only person in the world the Tesla has skipped? if you are in another country... i get that, but is there anyone in the USA (preferably California) that was also skipped?

....and to head off any questions:
  1. I own a tesla and of course my address is correct in my account.
  2. I also own stock and I am registered to vote etc.
  3. I am a X premium account holder.
  4. I have called support and that was useless.
  5. I have went to a sales center, also useless.
  6. my address on both my app and the website are the same.

I really just want to know if I am so special that Tesla specifically decided to screw me. I would love to know your reservation number if you have been. at least the first 5 digits, I am really only interested in Day 1 reservations that have been skipped. If you are 40,000 after me, you were not skipped.
1705948480627.png
Ordered Tri Motor evening of 11/22. My RN 112834xxx. I got email a week ago to place an order. I then placed an order for FS CB. After order was placed, it estimated Novmber. I think if I did the dual, it was much earlier.

MIBEAST

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ALL PALIDS
Country flag
I know it crazy and not fair ! S & X Plaid owner Stock owner Had an S 2016

my Crybertruck res # 112744xxx. build date on 12/16 built the most expensive build and still waiting

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Posted here before regarding invites to configure and my lack of one. I am a day 1 (first microsecond) reservation holder in Fremont. My reservation number according to the tracker would be 654(original number). I ordered the Tri-Motor with FSD. Is there ANYONE with a similar circumstance on this forum? Am I the only person in the world the Tesla has skipped? if you are in another country... i get that, but is there anyone in the USA (preferably California) that was also skipped?

I really just want to know if I am so special that Tesla specifically decided to screw me. I would love to know your reservation number if you have been. at least the first 5 digits, I am really only interested in Day 1 reservations that have been skipped. If you are 40,000 after me, you were not skipped.
1705948480627.png

Invited to build AWD last week.

I'm guessing the tri motor is delayed, or just limited.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I'll first say - I feel for the OP and that really does suck :(

Now here what appears to be directionally true and a fallacy that unfortunately things like the "order tracking spreadsheet" has spread inappropriate expectations regardless of its positive intent.

One of the first issue is thinking a reservation with sequential numerical values means you will be sequentially picked on that pattern, when every single Tesla launch of a new product has proven otherwise.

Again, think it sucks but I also think we need to (as a community) realign our expectations.
And one of the first indications that the numerical order was going to be problematic was when Tesla indicated that California and Texas were going to be first deliveries. So that shot sequential out the door.
And then there were indications that certain states were opening where other would be later.
And that there were some limits on numbers per state (otherwise CA would suck them all up)
And then indications that the total Foundation Series units may have increased.

Lots of variables to make a sequential list invalid.

BUT, there are indications that in general, they are following the list, just not in the order that many think.

And this is not the first time this has happened. It's pretty much SOP for Tesla. There is always a reason, just not obvious.

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none yet.
Country flag
It seems very random yet has to have a method.... I have received both mine 1 was around 90000 out, and Ive never had a tesla, not rich, not famous but I live in Texas...

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
It seems very random yet has to have a method.... I have received both mine 1 was around 90000 out, and Ive never had a tesla, not rich, not famous but I live in Texas...
There, you just said it, you were in Texas. That's one of the two initial states. So you may assume that 60,000 of the numbers ahead of you were not from CA or TX.

Last edited:

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
It seems that they threw out what you o

There, you just said it, you were in Texas. That's one of the two initial states. So you may assume that 60,000 of the numbers ahead of you were not from CA or TX.
Huh?

OP
OP

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
I was not skipped, but the perception of microsecond is crazy, but I do feel for you. I was refreshing the page like a mad man like a lot of others. Considering the "oldest" RN by which all RNs are calculated is RN112744100...

1705989462997.png

If they actually went in direct line (and they were all Cybertrucks, which statistics say on that first two days was likely around 90%), you'd still be over 1,600 after me. We have currently tracked 970-ish orders in 6 weeks. I did not get invited until 12/20 after 100s got invited on 12/8 and beyond. It was a little frustrating and there was certainly a sigh of relief after the invite, the idea of a line was mostly kept.

1705989549754.png

I have other graphs I've created from the Orders List. Geography, FSD ordered in 2019, Model ordered, seem to be the major commonalities by invite. Every other variable can just be lumped into "Tesla sh!t" as far as anyone knows.
Perhaps you know why people hide there reservation numbers? They are all on the spreadsheet for everyone to see are they not? I can't think of any angle that a nefarious person could use if they knew the number.... than again a nefarious person might think a lot different than me! Oh Well, I kinda don't give a crap.

Tangent:
I literally have not locked my car doors in 20 years (except model X, where there is no choice). If someone wants to steal the change from my cupholder, I would rather they just steal the change and avoid the broken window. Really have not thought of any good reason to lock a car door on a modern car, the people stealing backpacks and change are not likely the kind of people that can rig a car to start/steal and the people that can get a modern car to start don't really care if it is locked.... Hide your valuables, bring inside etc, leave your doors unlocked.

Actually I just thought of a modern reason to lock your doors in the bay area (not really sub-urban Fremont). Homeless people would sleep in your car? anyway maybe others can think of a reason.

LexusCyber

First Name
Marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LS460 AWD V8
Country flag
I meant call them and make sure the reservation has the right zip code associated. I don’t remember if we had an option to specify our location while reserving. It’s very unusual that you are skipped. You should not have been skipped. The only plausible explanation is that the system might be using few fields (not shown to us), and your Reservation might not have been picked because of some mismatch. I can’t think of any other reason. What if you made a typo because of the excitement we all had to book asap? Instead of Fremont Zip 94536, you might have accidentally entered 99586 (Alaska). System might be thinking you are chilling out in Alaska, whereas you are sitting right next to the Fremont factory where they are delivering so many CTs, AND you are one of the earliest reservation holder! I'm just troubleshooting what could have gone wrong. CA deliveries are happening faster than those in other areas. It's very hard to believe you got skipped if you are within 1000 reservations!

I highly recommend calling them and making sure all your data under this “CT” reservation is accurate. There is no harm in doing this anyways. I wouldn't count on regular emails for data accuracy. It just means your email is accurate for sure :)!
Just curious ... what number do you call Tesla at?

TeslaJohn1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S Plaid, Model 3 Performance, Cyberbeast
Occupation
Developer
Country flag

1705948480627.png
I am 2000 ahead of you and no delivery to my knowledge no Tri Motors have been delivered after the delivery event. I did configure foundation series Cyberbeast but no delivery scheduled
yet

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The OP seemed to conclude that since they were 90000 out on the list that they weren't expecting to get an invite. My response was that since CA and Tx were indicated as being the first states, the OP moved up significantly in line, with 48 states and countries worth of people being moved out of their way. I just guessed at 60,000. That was guestimating 30k out of 90k were in CA alone.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Perhaps you know why people hide there reservation numbers? They are all on the spreadsheet for everyone to see are they not? I can't think of any angle that a nefarious person could use if they knew the number.... than again a nefarious person might think a lot different than me! Oh Well, I kinda don't give a crap.
Because people find ways. A few years back, a lot of tax credits got in trouble because people were picking up VINs, possibly from the forums and claiming them on their tax returns. When ot became time for the rightful owner to claim it, it was denied.

And why is it significant?

OP
OP

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
The OP seemed to conclude that since they were 90000 out on the list that they weren't expecting to get an invite. My response was that since CA and Tx were indicated as being the first states, the OP moved up significantly in line, with 48 states and countries worth of people being moved out of their way. I just guessed at 60,000. That was guestimating 30k out of 90k were in CA alone.
I am the original poster... I was not 90000 I am 675.
Sponsored