Colorado Springs - FS AWD Just paid deposit. Am I the 1st? Delivery 4-26!

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Platinum - Cybertruck Foundation AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hello all,

I did not think I would receive the email for FS this year at all. Had resigned myself to next year earliest. Told myself that I would not be ordering the FS, that I would be rational and non-emotional.

Got the email 30 minutes ago....... got lightheaded, called the wife into the office, we laughed and just sat there stunned.

49 years old in the IT World

I paid the deposit.

I will be financing for 5 yrs with 45K down leaving 10k for wrap and any accessories ( 4.5 years to save up).will be getting it wrapped, going to try to get the Stek Black Chrome Wrap - has not been available yet, only person with it is owner of OCDetailing in Cali.
Tesla Cybertruck Colorado Springs - FS AWD Just paid deposit. Am I the 1st?  Delivery 4-26! Cybertruck Order 1
I
Sponsored

Sincere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m in Denver. I got my invite last month on about the 15th. I’m passing on the extra $20k. I’m not going to lie though… the thoughts of being one of the first in the state, plus the FOMO almost got me.

After a few days of consideration, I finally decided that it would be better to wait and get $12,500 in rebates (Federal and State), then put most of the cost down so I’ll be at around $30k in financing. I’m thankful that I thought about it. As a matter of fact I can still go into my Tesla app (for our Model 3) and still see it available for me to get it if I want to today. Apparently I still have time to think about it.

OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I should be rational, you are making the better choice, but I have waited and saved and sacrificed for 4+ years for this moment. Without the delays....I could not have afforded it 4years ago. I finished my Masters at the start of COVID, that helped my career and allowed me to save the money. I have been living as if I never got that raise for 3.8 years, faithfully sticking every penny in savings.

Anyway, really just in shock that I got the email - I estimated my RES# at 277K in line.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That's awesome, I have no issue being the 5th or even the 30th, my order is in, and a full year earlier than I expected.

Hope to see you as well, I am going to try to organize a COS CT Friday Lunch once delivery is done.

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
I’m in Denver. I got my invite last month on about the 15th. I’m passing on the extra $20k. I’m not going to lie though… the thoughts of being one of the first in the state, plus the FOMO almost got me.

After a few days of consideration, I finally decided that it would be better to wait and get $12,500 in rebates (Federal and State), then put most of the cost down so I’ll be at around $30k in financing. I’m thankful that I thought about it. As a matter of fact I can still go into my Tesla app (for our Model 3) and still see it available for me to get it if I want to today. Apparently I still have time to think about it.
BTW, we are pretty sure that all FS orders qualify for the $5000 CO Innovative Truck Credit because it does not have an MSRP limit or an income limit.

I’m not a tax professional but based on my research and the research of others, this would seem to be the case (for 2024 at least).

OP
OP
3PinkyToes

3PinkyToes

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Even more good news, are you going to Wrap yours, new wheels, any changes?

Wrap for sure, and maybe cyberhex wheels

Sincere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
BTW, we are pretty sure that all FS orders qualify for the $5000 CO Innovative Truck Credit because it does not have an MSRP limit or an income limit.

I’m not a tax professional but based on my research and the research of others, this would seem to be the case (for 2024 at least).
No you don’t qualify for that neither if it’s over $80k. This is off of Colorado’s Transportation/Energy Office website:

Tesla Cybertruck Colorado Springs - FS AWD Just paid deposit. Am I the 1st?  Delivery 4-26! IMG_3412

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
i configured a beast on 2/27…..there are 50 on order in colorado according to the tracker sheet on this site….

I was approx 140k in line so was supprised and happy with opp to get early….hoping for delivery around may but we’ll see

Sincere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I should be rational, you are making the better choice, but I have waited and saved and sacrificed for 4+ years for this moment. Without the delays....I could not have afforded it 4years ago. I finished my Masters at the start of COVID, that helped my career and allowed me to save the money. I have been living as if I never got that raise for 3.8 years, faithfully sticking every penny in savings.

Anyway, really just in shock that I got the email - I estimated my RES# at 277K in line.....
Congratulations on getting your Masters first and foremost, and the same to your purchase. I’m 49 years old too. This will be my first brand spanking new vehicle ever. I was saving up for this since 2019 as well, and I now have more time to save up. I’m hoping that more people will buy up these FS versions so he can get started on mine 😁 I don’t think that Tesla will start on the non-FS version until these first 20k FS models sell. I believe that a lot of people are getting these notices if they’re already up to the late 277k reservations (I was within the 148 - 150k range). It’s amazing to see how many people are passing up on this early bird option. Enjoy yours and I will see you on the road hopefully soon. Especially when I get mine. Oh yeah… I’m crossing my fingers for black interior instead of white for the non-FS models, because of my line of work. Don’t ask… 😆🤣😂

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
No you don’t qualify for that neither if it’s over $80k. This is off of Colorado’s Transportation/Energy Office website:

IMG_3412.png
There are two different credits, the Innovative Motor Vehicle Credit (being discussed on the site you are referring to) has an MSRP limit but the Innovative Truck Credit does not. Given the GVWR of the Cybertruck it should qualify for the latter and therefore not be subject to an MSRP limit.

https://tax.colorado.gov/imv-itc-changes-from-hb-23-1272

https://tax.colorado.gov/sites/tax/files/documents/ITT_Innovative_Truck_Credit_Feb_2024.pdf

Again, don’t take this as fact from me (verify with a tax professional) but it’s been discussed extensively here and in the Rivian forums and the general consensus is that there is not an MSRP limit for vehicles that qualify for the Innovative Truck Credit in 2024.

Last edited:

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Even more good news, are you going to Wrap yours, new wheels, any changes?

Wrap for sure, and maybe cyberhex wheels
Part of the reason I bought the FS was because I was already planning on upgrading to the CyberWheels (Premium Wheel/Tire Option) standard on the FS so I plan on keeping those.

If the color is still available (currently noted as limited edition) I plan to wrap it in late summer with the Inozetek ASSC Spectrum.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I skipped my late December fs invite in COS. Congrats

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Drove by the COS SC over the weekend and it looks like they have two under cover in the back. Possible deliveries? Also considered they might be the two from the crash. Hoping to stop in later this week and see what I can glean from the SC reps if I get a chance.

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Quick Update after a chat with the COS SC . . . Still no ETA on COS deliveries, the two trucks under wraps behind the SC are in fact the ones from the accident on I25, and it sounds like they are ordering parts to fix them. Not super thrilled at the prospect of potentially taking delivery of one of those at some point in the future so I’d gladly wait a little longer for a new one but I guess we’ll just have to see how things play out.
Sponsored