Heulyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, CT
Occupation
Commercial Pilot
Country flag
Hi there this question is for someone who has driven both the Cybertruck and the model 3 Refresh.

I currently own a 2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD.

I have placed an order for a Cybertruck Dual Motor, with estimated delivery starting in July.

How does the Cybertruck sound system compare to the refresh model 3? They both seem to be improved over older Tesla's. Are they of the same generation?

How does road noise and suspension comfort compare?

My heart wants a Cybe but my brain wants a refresh model 3

Thanks
Sponsored

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
Hi there this question is for someone who has driven both the Cybertruck and the model 3 Refresh.

I currently own a 2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD.

I have placed an order for a Cybertruck Dual Motor, with estimated delivery starting in July.

How does the Cybertruck sound system compare to the refresh model 3? They both seem to be improved over older Tesla's. Are they of the same generation?

How does road noise and suspension comfort compare?

My heart wants a Cybe but my brain wants a refresh model 3

Thanks
It seems like the M3 refresh is a real improvement to the M3, making it feel more like a mini-S than an entry model EV sedan. But it’s apples and oranges comparison to a CT. Which is better for you is a personal decision but they are really for two very different markets. A M3 sure can’t do for me what the CT will.

OP
OP

Hgamble

First Name
Heulyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, CT
Occupation
Commercial Pilot
Country flag
It seems like the M3 refresh is a real improvement to the M3, making it feel more like a mini-S than an entry model EV sedan. But it’s apples and oranges comparison to a CT. Which is better for you is a personal decision but they are really for two very different markets. A M3 sure can’t do for me what the CT will.
I definitely do not need a pickup truck. But i also could find use of the extra capability.

I have driven the refresh model 3 and found the sound system far superior to my Model 3. It was also significantly quieter and softer than my car.

But at the end of the day it still felt like a model 3 which is a compliment to my original gangsta model 3, which is to say probably not better enough to justify buying a refresh.

The Cybertruck truck is so different, but i hope it one ups even the refresh in key metrics.

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I definitely do not need a pickup truck. But i also could find use of the extra capability.

I have driven the refresh model 3 and found the sound system far superior to my Model 3. It was also significantly quieter and softer than my car.

But at the end of the day it still felt like a model 3 which is a compliment to my original gangsta model 3, which is to say probably not better enough to justify buying a refresh.

The Cybertruck truck is so different, but i hope it one ups even the refresh in key metrics.
I’m sorry, you specifically asked for a response from someone that’s driven both and I’ve driven neither. I think the M3 refresh took some of the things started in the CT, like ambient lighting and ride quality, to greatly improve the economical sedan. The CT will one up it in key metrics but many of those metrics are truck things. If you want cool car features, well you can spend about the same amount as a FS CT on a new X and get a lot of cool features that neither the CT or the refreshed 3 have. I think the X is awesome to camp in but it ain’t a vehicle that I’d want to drive off road with mesquite bushes brushing against the sides.
Sponsored