Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
All 538 Congressmen/women had a chance to really grow the EV industry by extending the federal tax credit -- is anyone really surprised the resolution/extension failed (based on Congress's recent track record)?
Sponsored

Rancherort

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Oh well. Guess we'll all be paying msrp!

TeslaMURF

First Name
MURF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck, Ford
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Fuk Rad is still pouring into the Pacific Ocean, not good 2 say the least. Had multiple very strong impressions that my father was going to get very ill & die if we didn't move. We moved, he got sick, I guided his healthcare toward Naturopathic & Homeopathic Cancer Treatment after traditional western allopathic medicine (Oncologist, etc...) gave him 90 days to live (stage 4 lung cancer). Shared data & statistics & fact based statistical analysis of various outcomes, opened his eyes so he could make a decision based on choices that he controlled. Long story short - He chose Naturopathic, Homeopathic, & a Holistic approach to fight the cancer. He lived 2.5 years B4 he passed. The Natural Protocols are very powerful & extremely effective when combined with a program & strategy to detoxify the body - (MUST choose 5 or 6 from 100's of choices & do them daily as they work synergistically). His life span was in the top 1% because the Natural Protocols feed the bodies immune system, changes PH levels to 7.5^, cancers food source is processed sugars in the body, to be fully successful U MUST change your diet / food regimens. He wasn't willing to make all the changes needed to fully eradicate the cancer. He did not detoxify his body & nor did he change his eating habits much at all. He died from cirrhosis of the liver 2.5 years after the Stage 4 lung cancer diagnosis. He could have overcome his health issues if he was willing to make the necessary changes in his life that require a disciplined commitment to eat to live, etc... Two excellent resources are Cancer Tutor dot com (Inexpensive Treatment Protocols link) with forums to share with one another... & The Truth About Cancer dot com. He had a very good quality of life during his last 2.5 years of life. U can lead a horse to water, but U can't make him drink.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
just saw this article and thought I would pass along.
https://apple.news/AL8Dbt8DNS02z86offGdz2w
That is awesome, and extremely rare in the current, so called, republican party. I think our best hope for subsidies, are from the other party... but actually, I would be happier if they would get rid of the oil, gas and coal subsidies.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
All 538 Congressmen/women had a chance to really grow the EV industry by extending the federal tax credit -- is anyone really surprised the resolution/extension failed (based on Congress's recent track record)?
I believe congress is limited to what the Senate and President will accept. Which is explicitly shown by Mitch McConnall, or as he calls himself, the Grim Reaper, holding back 400 passed congress bills, and not allowing them to be voted on by the senate.

Last edited:

Muskwatcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500 LTZ Crewcab, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Appreciate the clarification on this matter. I was on a travel trailer website forum recently and the Cybertruck was brought up so I followed the conversation and it seems quite a few people are opposed to the EV Tax Credits and it was also brought up about GPS to track mileage in order to pay highway tax since EV’s are not paying at the pump.
Yeah i have seen similar conversation trends on other sites too. I know people tend to be biased to whatever side they are standing on, but how can they be so blind to the vast difference in subsidies. I admit i am biased to EVs, but i at least remain open to all available info.

EV sales get a total tax subsidy of about 1.6 billion depending on how many cars are sold in the window after 200k.

Oil companies subsidies are estimated to be about 20 billion ANNUALLY!
I know trying to change this quickly would be disastrous, but how about just remove the cap from EV sales and pull the EV subsidies from the Oil subsidies. This way there is no increase to the budget and the system will balance its self out in time.

Sorry for the rant. Hypocrisy is one of my triggers, especially when it comes to EVs.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Post removed.
Sponsored