Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Still fairly rare to see a Tesla in Eastern Connecticut, but I did see a blue Model Y performance at my local Ace hardware store 2 weeks after the factory shut down!

I ordered a Dual Motor CyberTruck (RN113391870) in March! According to the Google Doc spreadsheet I should get it some time in 2023! That's so far away! I hope they are able to get the GigaFactory up and running to meet the start of production date and the ramp up happens quickly! At least I'll have time to save up some $ and get the garage ready with a 240V line I guess.

I am in the "my garage is too small for the CyberTruck" camp so I guess I'll have to install a hatch or port in my garage door to run the charging cable through!

I look forward to hearing from some more future CyberTruck owners in Connecticut!
Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I'm in NE Connecticut, Thompson, not far from the race track. There are more Teslas around than you think.

I had a chuckle the other day at the variety of cars you see in this area. I saw a Citation, a MB Glendenwagon, a rotted out Dodge 1500, a Model X, all in line at a Dunkin Donuts.

Can't wait for the CT.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
If there are any dairy farms left where you live you’ll soon be seeing Tesla Semi’s pulling the milk tankers. I’m an expatriate who still remembers delivering stale rolls from our family bakery in Hartford to farmers along Route 44 from NY to RI.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
For decades us NE Conn folk would say there were more cows and corn than people.

That's changed slowly over the years, but the number of cows is still pretty constant. Most of the dairy farms that are still around are doing well.

ckulak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
Country flag
I'm from Clinton, CT and can't wait for my dual motor Cybertruck. Recently I've noticed quite a few Teslas on the road during my commute in Southern CT. In fact, I was happy to see that 10 Superchargers were just installed on both Northbound and Southbound rest areas of I-95 a few miles from my house in Madison.

OP
OP
5UBV3T

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
They just installed a new SuperCharger in New London and there's another one slated for Lisbon off of 395 later this year!

Cybertrekker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Perf
Country flag
I'm in Stonington/Mystic and I see several S3X's on a regular basis. More 3's tho. Have had my 3 for over a year now and I still get looks and people asking about the car. Can't wait to see the necks snapping when I'm rolling through in my CT lol. I've got a pretty early reservation (~5k according to the tracker) so announce the factory location Elon!

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I'm in Stonington/Mystic and I see several S3X's on a regular basis. More 3's tho. Have had my 3 for over a year now and I still get looks and people asking about the car. Can't wait to see the necks snapping when I'm rolling through in my CT lol. I've got a pretty early reservation (~5k according to the tracker) so announce the factory location Elon!

Wow, you might be the first one in Conn to get their CT! You'll need to take a tour to visit the rest of us while we wait for ours!

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
They just installed a new SuperCharger in New London and there's another one slated for Lisbon off of 395 later this year!
Lisbon is getting closer to the NE corner!

I'm in New Haven weekly, so I go right by Madison's new chargers, but it would be nice to have one closer to home

OP
OP
5UBV3T

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
According to the google doc I'm about 650k in line... the estimated delivery is some time in 2023 but I'm ready!

OP
OP
5UBV3T

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Lisbon is getting closer to the NE corner!

I'm in New Haven weekly, so I go right by Madison's new chargers, but it would be nice to have one closer to home
Agreed! I don't have a 240v line in the garage so Lisbon would be perfect for me to charge and wander Home Depot for half an hour!

Cybertrekker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Perf
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what about the CT pushed you all over the edge to go electric? It appears this might be the first EV for most of you. I'm encouraged to see it's not just Elon fanboys who are excited and you're able to separate his at times erratic behavior from the product.

ckulak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
Country flag
I've been waiting patiently a few years now for the first production electric truck. I have been interested in Tesla's innovation for many years, but I need a truck for work and I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a car that isn't my daily driver. Over the past 15 years, I have owned 7 Chevy trucks. I have to admit, I am also watching the new Hummer EV very closely, and if the specs and price were equal (which I don't think they will be), It would be a tough call for me. Right now, I am drawn to Tesla because of things like OTA updates, Autopilot/ Eventually FSD, and the lack of negotiating/ dealer sales tactics. These things really show how antiquated GM is and their resistance/ slow response to change is frustrating.
Sponsored