BuzzMega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
How does one “upgrade” their Cybertruck order from “$7000 FSD, RWD” to “$7000 FSD, 2 - motor”?

- I just wish to increase my order and pay the difference. Things have changed. Now it’s doable.
- I don’t want to be penalized for buying a more capable Cybertruck.
- And I don’t want to lose my place in line (fairly early).
- And I don’t want to lose the FSD price that I agreed to at the time.
Sponsored

Twinmaples

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3; Cyber Truck Tri Motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't have FSD but I upgraded from a Dual to a Tri. My place in line didn't change. Obviously I will pay more when it comes time to configure my CT.

KCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Rubicon, 2020 Kia Telluride
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With the recent change to the EV tax credit law, I called a Tesla salesman and he stated that if I upgraded my dual motor to a tri-motor I would lose my $7k FSD and would be charged the current $10k price. He was also able to look at my pre-order and confirm that my current invoice was for $56.xk, indicating that I have the dual CT w/7k FSD reserved.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With the recent change to the EV tax credit law, I called a Tesla salesman and he stated that if I upgraded my dual motor to a tri-motor I would lose my $7k FSD and would be charged the current $10k price. He was also able to look at my pre-order and confirm that my current invoice was for $56.xk, indicating that I have the dual CT w/7k FSD reserved.
In the past, once they've opened up the configurator, they have not bumped prices. But right now they haven't. The database probably just doesn't have the complexity.

-Crissa
Sponsored