Drang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tucson
Occupation
Owner of business
Country flag
My 06 Tacoma is getting a little long in the tooth, so I was out shopping for a new 4Runner as a replacement. I have a day #2 reservation on the Cybertruck so I thought "what the heck" and called Tesla about potential delivery dates. I was informed 60-90 days for first deliveries. I will be patient and baby my Tacoma truck for a while longer. Lifted my spirits tremendously!
Don't they have to give us a choice of Options first before they can talk about delivery dates?

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Day 1 - less than 30 secs. #-300, live near Giga Texas plant. Own a Tesla since 2020. Wish I was one of the first at the ceremony, But talking to an engineer at Tesla and a sales Manager, and employees and Investors getting the first ones, Also told I can change my motor choice when # comes up. I told maybe in October for mine? But not definite answers. ;(

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR+, 2021 Model Y P
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Day 1 - less than 30 secs. #-300, live near Giga Texas plant. Own a Tesla since 2020. Wish I was one of the first at the ceremony, But talking to an engineer at Tesla and a sales Manager, and employees and Investors getting the first ones, Also told I can change my motor choice when # comes up. I told maybe in October for mine? But not definite answers. ;(
You're the first regular customer I've seen who's definitely ahead of me. I'm a day one reservation holder (15-20k), also pretty close to GTX, and a Tesla owner since 2015. I don't think I own enough shares to be considered "an investor" though.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
Hey, "Delivery" means the CT is rolling off the assembly line. At age 70 I've learned patience pays off.
I to am patient but patiently impatient at 68!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
My guess for priority: Trim, reservation, location.
I am hoping geographic location is less of a factor with factory pickup option that Elon has stated will be available on release. And my trim will be whatever they make first!
For a while, in the earliest deliveries, I think they will be heavily weighted towards central texas deliveries.

it's such a new and unique platform, that they'll want early deliveries kept nearby the only people in the country that know how to trouble-shoot and address

for a while, in the early deliveries

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
For a while, in the earliest deliveries, I think they will be heavily weighted towards central texas deliveries.

it's such a new and unique platform, that they'll want early deliveries kept nearby the only people in the country that know how to trouble-shoot and address

for a while, in the early deliveries
i see your point, but wouldn't they want to get other service centers on the same page as quickly as possible? I look at this as an opportunity to train them all up, with hands on examples :)

If a customer is willing to trek down to the factory for a pickup, Tesla would be a fool not to satisfy such a dedicated fan, no? Think of all the free press!

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
You're the first regular customer I've seen who's definitely ahead of me. I'm a day one reservation holder (15-20k), also pretty close to GTX, and a Tesla owner since 2015. I don't think I own enough shares to be considered "an investor" though.
There’s a few of us out here 🤓
Day one minute one #1400ish.
had a Tesla for five years, selected tri-motor

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Um... I'm a lot further down the list. But, if someone has a low number and needs someone to pick up and drive their CT to their house... :)
Via Austin, SanDiego,Seattle, Anchorage, Portland, and Miami? Me too!

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I'm 71, and no where near the front of the line. I'm thinking I have too much mileage on me to make it to delivery... B-(
You can still have your Cybertruck.

Tesla Cybertruck Couldn't stand the suspense so I called Tesla 1733633-dcimagea_-1528811789

Man buries father in brand new BMW car instead of coffin

A man laid to rest his father in a brand new BMW car instead of a coffin in Nigeria on Tuesday, Mail Online reported.

The wealthy son, Azubuike, lost his father to old age but he had always promised him that he would have a luxury car.

So, after he passed away in the remote village of Ihiala, Azubuike spent £66,000 cash on a car from the showroom to bury his father in.

A photo taken at the ceremony shows the vehicle being lowered into a huge grave dug six feet deep by hand in the village.

The picture has gone viral on social media as pall bearers reportedly guided it down logs into position and then the logs were pulled out to allow the vehicle to drop.

Vehicle Burial
Sponsored