azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I am a jeep owner, it will be the most capable stock Jeep ever made. I don't care for the full time transfer case and would have liked a Dana 60 rear. If I bought one it would be for the torque and not HP

I think its a good alternative to the diesel, I don't like the environmental crap that is added with a diesel

There is no need to go 0-60 in 4.5 secs in a Wrangler...LOL, I wonder if FCA is just trying to compete with a Raptor like they are with the TRX

Might as well spend the EV credits they bought from Tesla

There are some Jeep people who are preferring the hybrid model over the 392 mostly for the fuel economy

I am expecting it to MSRP at $65K

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I am expecting it to MSRP at $65K
Based on what I’ve seen, most Jeep owners end up customizing quite a bit. Seems like MSRP would just be a starter price. Who knows how much more a real Jeep would cost post customization to be the Jeep that was truly desired.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Based on what I’ve seen, most Jeep owners end up customizing quite a bit. Seems like MSRP would just be a starter price. Who knows how much more a real Jeep would cost post customization to be the Jeep that was truly desired.

You are correct, the aftermarket is huge for Jeeps and on the Jeep forums the big complaint is the added stuff to the 392

I pretty quickly got a Teraflex lift, falcon shocks and new rims and bigger tires on my Jeep. Jeeps look 100% better with bigger tires.

the 392 is only available with the Rubicon, if they made it available on any trim they would sell more. If Jeep did make at available on any trim I would expect it to be comparable to the diesel which is $4500 for the motor upgrade and $1500 for the beefier AT

Rubicons start at $44K, so if you didn't have to add any of the extra stuff I would expect at least $50K

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
So I just saw the new ad for the 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392

Pre-CT I would have thought "Cool!"

But the first stat they brag about is: 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds

Followed up by the statement: "This is an entirely new kind of speed."

Yeah I thought, Slow.

LOL.

It's a nice ad but I still want my CT!!
Funny, they are trying to compete, but they're too late. Where was this before EV? On the drawing room table, waiting... for Elon to rocket to success. It's so sad to see the sleeping giant waken up from it's lazy slumber. A day late and a dollar short. I hope you enjoyed your nap. peace
Sponsored