uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Bummed.. I own a model y and now a 3. 20k in line for a cybertruck. Live within 50 miles of the factory in Austin . And a Canadian/ Cali person gets first invite. I thought also locals got invited first. ….
You know about the big "unofficial" meet up with all the Youtubers correct? Might be worth looking into if you are a local-

https://www.teslacontexas.com/
Sponsored

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I have been planning a trip to the Austin area for months, but I will arrive at the end of April.

I hope that they do not lock things down and I cannot get close to the factory. Have been wanting to see it in person.
We don’t lock down here in texas

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Texas has already produced 30% more Texans in both births and Californians moving in.
This is not true.

It is true that Texas is growing more. 16% over the last decade vs 6%. But Texas's birth rate was 60.2 vs California's 60.6. And California has an infant mortality rate nearly 20% lower. Texas is okay on this stat, tho it's neighboring states are not.

The real problem is that California (and Texas) need to admit they're urbanizing, and allow their villages and cities to fill in their urban cores and build support for that. Just wait for the gnashing of teeth when downtown Houston or Dallas starts removing those parking lots.

-Crissa

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Bummed.. I own a model y and now a 3. 20k in line for a cybertruck. Live within 50 miles of the factory in Austin . And a Canadian/ Cali person gets first invite. I thought also locals got invited first. ….
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Poor You! Would you like a Lolypop with your invite?

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
We just want to talk about Cybertruck here...... no need to talk virus or politics.
Agreed. I don't appreciate all the west coast "govern me harder" and "just follow instructions and do what you're told" tropes. I left CA to get away from that, same as Elon.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Agreed. I don't appreciate all the west coast "govern me harder" and "just follow instructions and do what you're told" tropes. I left CA to get away from that, same as Elon.
Says not interested in politics, immediately makes overtly political statement belittling the opinions of others.

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
Says not interested in politics, immediately makes overtly political statement belittling the opinions of others.
I didn't say I was not interested in politics. I said I don't appreciate the particular brand of west coast, self-righteous, telling others what to do and regulating their activities. It's not as strong as Australia's, granted, but it's still poisonous and anathema to American values in my opinion. I stated that's why I left; because I don't want to hear it, and don't appreciate it here in a thread about a TEXAS event.
Sponsored