firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The ConnectingTheDots youtuber said they will soon be making another video about Cybertruck Exoskeleton and if you have specific questions to tell them now.

Be specific if you want to know what machines could be used to do high volume production (250K year) of exoskeleton.

So everybody who wants him to address how to manufacture the exoskeleton should ask him via links below.

To support the his channel and help him make more videos:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/ConnectingTheDotsOK/join
Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ConnectingODots
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/ConnectingODots

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s a good channel. This is a great video and his earlier one on new tech in the CT was good too. He does go a bit deep in conjecture sometimes. Skeptical the Diamond turn will happen myself, but overall it’s good conjecture. This video is more grounded and just good.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
My ears hear project manager rather than Giesige engineer-speak. That tangible, tactile feel that comes from in-trench experience actually resolving a technical design with engineering skill isn’t shining through the analysis. Definitely not SME.

No doubt his engineering opened many doors but ground-level in the weeds reverse engineering shit handed down to make it work is not this guy. That’s Sandy Monroe CV from machine shop up to the design studio.

I’ll watch again, its a first impression.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Charliemagpie started a thread with the same video.

Diamond steering is a no go, way too complicated and expensive to make work properly. The limited rear wheel arches also won't be big enough to allow the steering angles required to do it, so a major redesign would be needed.

Otherwise the video is probably fairly close to what it is.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
bro!
I learned nothing :{
this wasnt really an analysis of the engineering, rather a "basics of CT design"

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
bro!
I learned nothing :{
this wasnt really an analysis of the engineering, rather a "basics of CT design"
Haha you've obviously been spending too much time here on the forum listening to shop talk... ;)

Last edited:

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
On the tail end of video they talk about buildings engineering. Well, I think they should refer to aircraft design to car design. See how an F117 is built. (how aerodynamics, supports, etc. is achieved) Your not driving your house or building. Lol.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Exoskeleton Engineering Analysis (by Aerospace Structures Engineer) 1st Principles MAXXED F117 structure build

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
On the tail end of video they talk about buildings engineering. Well, I think they should refer to aircraft design to car design. See how an F117 is built. (how aerodynamics, supports, etc. is achieved) Your not driving your house or building. Lol.

F117 structure build.jpeg
Assuming exoskeleton is stressed-skin frame enough, hand F-117 to Elon Musk to First Principles and Best part is no part at all. LOL

There aren’t enough robots to assemble one of those erector set F-117’s.
Sponsored