Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The sheer size of this truck is literally blowing my mind right now!

Comparing my existing Honda Ridgeline tires (falken wildpeak 245/65r17) to these CT tires and the CT tires are just insanely bigger than my current truck tires!!
Oh yeah... check out how much heavier 35s are too.
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Oh yeah... check out how much heavier 35s are too.
You save money on maintenance over ICE.. but all that money saved goes into a new set of super expensive tires that wear 2-3x faster than normal ICE tires! So what you save in maintenance goes straight into tire maintenance at like 1500-2400 bucks every couple years! Totally worth it for those beasts though! haha.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You save money on maintenance over ICE.. but all that money saved goes into a new set of super expensive tires that wear 2-3x faster than normal ICE tires! So what you save in maintenance goes straight into tire maintenance at like 1500-2400 bucks every couple years! Totally worth it for those beasts though! haha.
Tyre diameter will help with longer mileage because of the extra tread length per rotation. So you might have more tyre to buy at once but they will also last longer.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I like the idea that it comes with a receiver hitch and pre-wired for tow lights.
I intend to drive out there to pick mine up and flat tow my Nissan van back.
The hard points up front could serve multiple purposes. We have a bull bar on the Diesel Pig and I'll probably put one on my CT due to the suicidal deer we have around here.
Not too worried if it cuts down on range a hair.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Nope. Big off-road tires last a long time and are infinitely more resistant to damage than regular tires. My 35s are at 55000, and have about 10-15k miles left easily. The biggest issue is getting them to wear evenly.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! tirewear

And, I beat the daylights out of this set.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I only saw 2 - the one on the stand I got photos of and the one that drove on stage. There may have been a 3rd but I did not see it.
Thanks. I think the wiperless one was only seen outside, but maybe someone is reposting older photos on twitter.

From what I can tell the stage CT is the same one that was parked in the corner and being prepped for the EM show. It's the one without the frame extensions.

Overall how much of the factory was open for inspection do you think?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I missed the mounts on the front. Potential snow plow? Not sure if winch potential inside frunk or added with a crossbeam on these mounts.

B9826A4F-B462-4390-8717-1181845A98B6.jpeg
They can be for a snow plough or anything else we may want… same goes for the back. They are an accessory.

They are welded on(I think) potentially we can weld something in their place.. or bolted. A bull bar, for example.

The ugly cutout will turn into a cover which can be removed

This prototype is for the hard core mass market. Heavy lifting farm work.

Tesla wants some cred.

For those of us who looking to pull an RV or 4x4, guess we have to wait, its going to be a doozie !!!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So just how many Cybertrucks were there at Cyber Rodeo?

Well I just found another video from someone else that followed the Cybertruck into that corner of the hall where the sunset phots were made. This might also be the one that was on stage, however, in this video below it does NOT have 4WS, or at least it is not enabled as it is in the other twitter videos I posted. So now I'm not that sure anymore which is what. I will have to compile everything together to make sense of it all, and see if I can at least track down how many there were in the end. Would of been handy to have some plates on those things... :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The rear-wheel steering only triggers when the front has exceeded its turn.

So no, videos of it with people in front of the rear wheels don't mean anything. Most of the time you won't be able to see it.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The rear-wheel steering only triggers when the front has exceeded its turn.

So no, videos of it with people in front of the rear wheels don't mean anything. Most of the time you won't be able to see it.

-Crissa
Sorry that's not correct. The 4WS moves even on partial turns, not just on front wheel lock.
You can either have it on or off, but can't "add" rear steering without substantially altering how the vehicle drives around a corner, and changes to the ackermann steering geometry used. Also this video doesn't have anybody standing in front if you watch it to the end.

I posted a previous video where this is also clear on partial rear steering with no front lock.

BTW where have you been? Did you miss the Rodeo?

Last edited:

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
I was going to start a new thread but I think this is as good of a place as any. I'm not sure these are any more information that what was already posted but I'll try to include some that show something different. Sorry about the lighting - I didn't get to the CT area until after dark so they are not as good as if I got them during daylight. Note: The BAW is back...
The large black bag on the floor is ~15 3/4" (405mm) but remember it's closer to the camera. Tesla guy said the tires are 35" as reported earlier in this thread.
Sail storage appears to be missing - UNLESS it is accessible from inside the bed. This CT was behind "ropes" and was "hands off" only.
Those strange posts/pillars were on the front and back. My only GUESS was to add an additional bumper - but even at the time, I thought that was a stupid idea (it blocks the hitch in the back for one thing). Mounts for tow hooks makes more sense.

PXL_20220408_024429641.jpg

PXL_20220408_024532207.MP.jpg

PXL_20220408_024617829.jpg

PXL_20220408_024622040.jpg

PXL_20220408_024725805.jpg

PXL_20220408_024729818.MP.jpg

PXL_20220408_024733948.MP.jpg

PXL_20220408_024746633.jpg

PXL_20220408_024804831.MP.jpg

PXL_20220408_024817831.MP.jpg
great pics bro! i sure hope those square things in the front and back are optional. probably to mount something onto them but in my case ill be using the truck as simply a daily driver and wont be using it to tow anything. so hopefully theyre just add ons or can be taken off easy .

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
if only we can know how much it is going to cost. cant wait for pricing and specs to come out.
fingers crossed the plaid CT doesnt go for model x pricing :cry:
Sponsored