Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck, F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Gas station owner
Country flag
I have never owned a vehicle with any auto braking and have put a pushbar on every vehicle i have owned. Does anyone have any experience with pushing using a vehicle with auto breaking? Is it even possible? asking due to elon touting a apocalypse ready vehicle. Thanks for the help
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I wonder this too, I heard of people putting bike racks that block sensors, the car just gives an error and lets them drive. I would assume it will be the same.

But I hope they put a specific sensorless mode to prevent weird things while offroading

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah man, I want to be able to nudge, and push, and breach all kinds of things. My concern is for the way the front of the vehicle will look after I’m bumping and smashing a bunch of stuff. LOL, it sounds funny, but it’s true. I want to use this thing to push things around.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Yeah man, I want to be able to nudge, and push, and breach all kinds of things. My concern is for the way the front of the vehicle will look after I’m bumping and smashing a bunch of stuff. LOL, it sounds funny, but it’s true. I want to use this thing to push things around.
im not sure about "breach" but the others sound fine. and im sure people will offer large bumpers with winches and the like for mounting up front

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I have never owned a vehicle with any auto braking and have put a pushbar on every vehicle i have owned. Does anyone have any experience with pushing using a vehicle with auto breaking? Is it even possible? asking due to elon touting a apocalypse ready vehicle. Thanks for the help
Auto braking on a Tesla will not keep you from pushing or ramming things with it. If you are actively pushing on the accelerator the car will keep moving and just precharge your brakes so they are very responsive if you press them. Even the "Obstacle Aware Acceleration" setting in a Tesla will not keep you from driving into things. It just limits your acceleration if it detects something in front of you so you don't go Ludicrous or Plaid into the object.
Sponsored