CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
Since the shocking unveil, I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out what the plan really is. I drove by a Ford dealership and looked over a sea of trucks that all basically do the same, but are all different styles, paints chromes and accessories. The Cybertrucks will all look the same. Can you imagine a group of us getting together. It would be like a stormtrooper rally. You can't even tell by looking which of the 3 motor packages you bought. I have always wanted to get a Landrover Defender for their durability and to keep it for years and years. They all look the same more or less but are designed to last and last. But, I could never stomach the gas economy. Now we have a truck that (especially if it gets the million mile battery) could potentially last a life time. No more rusting, paint fading, glass cracking, transmission failing, This could be my last truck. I could be driving this truck when I am 90, like a model T I saw on a country road last month. This truck is going to make us face our need for consumerism and continual replacement of things in a new light. Some think it's fugly, I think it is a Defender in a new more stream-lined, modern package that is and will continue to be good for the planet for years to come. We just have to put our need for shiny new things away and embrace egalitarianism. What do you guys/gals think?
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
This is why I put my 150 down. I can buy this truck and drive 1 million miles. That is 1,600,000 km. I can drive this for the rest of my work life, go out wheeling on the weekend, get were I want in the winter and not need to buy another vehicle. $100,000 CAD and I donā€™t have to buy another vehicle.

JayP90X

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P90D
Country flag
This is why I put my 150 down. I can buy this truck and drive 1 million miles. That is 1,600,000 km. I can drive this for the rest of my work life, go out wheeling on the weekend, get were I want in the winter and not need to buy another vehicle. $100,000 CAD and I donā€™t have to buy another vehicle.
That's the appeal to me as well. As long as Cybertruck comes with the hardware to upgrade to future levels of autonomous driving, there'll really be no reason to ever upgrade it if the 500 mile range (for tri-motor model) battery is enough for you.

And the entire exterior and interior design is so simple and future-looking, it'll pretty much be timeless in design.
Sponsored