SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
RTI - Ramp Travel Index is one of those semi-obscure numbers used to help determine a truck's...or Jeep's ability to really off road and crawl over obstacles while keeping wheels on the ground.

Good explanation here

I'm not concerned that the CT have an extreme RTI to off road, but I would like to know that it has an RTI that measures comparably to other full size trucks.

Trying to find this spec on vehicles can be hard, but it looks like a 2017 Raptor scored a 627 on the RTI.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/vehicle...0-raptor-wins-four-wheeler-truck-of-the-year/

I also wonder if the structural battery will have an effect on RTI.
Sponsored

Reactions: Geo

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
The Cybertruck will do well overall on the RTI score.

Great 16 inch ground clearance and approximately 13 or 14 inch’s of wheel travel, but the break over angle will let it down a little due to the 149.9 inch Wheel base.

The Wolverine Cybertruck will do better than the original CT, as it will have a smaller wheelbase, and its expected to be made to be a Baja Beast.

P.S. That 2017 Ford Raptor is overall a great package, but I anticipate the Wolverine will make it look quite dated.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Wtf is the Wolverine Cybertruck?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, we'll see. There are many different rules; some places it's the weight, other places it's width, others its length. But it's often a little of all three. Like he said, hard to make a truck that fits everyones' rules.

I certainly would want a smaller one; I live up a single-lane road up a crowded mountain, so smaller is better. As long as I can still carry plywood and pipes and motorcycles.

-Crissa

73arrow

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I want the full size truck, I’m giving up an 8’ bed for a 6.5’ bed! Please do not make it any smaller unless there is a second edition!!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I want the full size truck, I’m giving up an 8’ bed for a 6.5’ bed! Please do not make it any smaller unless there is a second edition!!
They're not changing the current Cybertruck. Because it would be silly to think one size truck would work for everyone.

I mean, I do hope the back seats and midgate fold down so I can pretend I have an 8' bed, tho.

-Crissa

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The wolverine could be called the “Euro” version. Built for overseas.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Like he said, hard to make a truck that fits everyones' rules.
Completely agree, but that is why I said I don't need an extreme RTI. I just want it comparable to other full size trucks. Not even necessarily the Raptor. I just couldn't find RTI scores for other modern stock full size trucks.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The Cybertruck will do well overall on the RTI score.

Great 16 inch ground clearance and approximately 13 or 14 inch’s of wheel travel, but the break over angle will let it down a little due to the 149.9 inch Wheel base.
If people want to talk about the non-existent, not even a prototype Wolverine, please find another thread. Back to the subject at hand....

Where did you find those travel specs of 13-14 inches for the CT?
I actually thought I saw something close to the reveal that said 4" or something along those lines. I can't find it now (but I did text a fellow CT reservation holder about this concern many moons ago) and I definitely haven't seen any travel specs released or confirmed by Tesla. Obviously 4" is unacceptable given most full size trucks today are in the 6 - 9 inch range. The Raptor and new Ram TRX are in the 13-14 inch range. But again, I've seen nothing official for the CT wheel travel specs.

Regarding the break over angle the CT's 149.9 inch wheelbase is very comparable to today's full size extended cab and crew cab trucks. Given the CTs dominant ground clearance (up to 16 inches) of an extra 6-7 inches over today's stock full trucks (2020 Raptor is 9.9 inches in the front) it's not a concern for me.

Last edited:

SilverFozzy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 rubicon
Country flag
well I hope it has more than 4” of suspension travel damn ... I suspect it will . What I want to know is will that air suspension be able to imitate a solid axel and articulate over certain terrain that say a solid axel is benifical like rock crawling . I don’t see anyway using an air suspension this couldn’t be accomplished with some software

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
He did say he wants it to dominate Baja. Racing Baja and rock crawling are two completely different things.

I personally don't need it to do either exceptionally well. But to be even mildly capable of doing any off roading it's going to need more then 4" of wheel travel.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
He did say he wants it to dominate Baja. Racing Baja and rock crawling are two completely different things.

I personally don't need it to do either exceptionally well. But to be even mildly capable of doing any off roading it's going to need more then 4" of wheel travel.
I'm, most likely, wrong - but, my recollection was that the 4" number was the travel for the adjustable air suspension. And NOT the overall suspension travel. The way I heard it the 4" would be how much the truck would raise and lower automatically (if set to do so) while driving - higher speeds the truck would lower itself for better aerodynamics. Higher speeds the truck would rise for better clearance.

This would have nothing to do with normal suspension travel.
Sponsored