Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
It seems that in the real world the led strip is much less powerful that in the unveil (to comply street rules). Or possibly, it can be trimmed as needed.

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
It seems that in the real world the led strip is much less powerful that in the unveil (to comply street rules). Or possibly, it can be trimmed as needed.
Yeah, that's one of the first things I noticed, too. Marker lights in amber are also on the front...and a trailer hitch.

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
Did it seem like the vault door was more similar in color to the rest of the body?

TxAg1993

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tri-motor FSD
Country flag
Yeah, that's one of the first things I noticed, too. Marker lights in amber are also on the front...and a trailer hitch.
Perhaps they are fully illuminated on high-beam and/or when the off-road lights are turned on too.

Rancherort

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Did anyone else notice that the door handles didn't seem to be retracted into the doors?
There's definitely more than 1 of these doing testing. Im sure the standard door handles in the video will be more of the production model. I'm in a northern climate and if any part of the door doesn't work I'm screwed. So i expect standard exposed handles.

MSA Surgery

First Name
angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge ram 2500 Diesel
Occupation
Pulling a 13 000 lbs fifthwheel
Country flag
M3 door handles work fine here in the rain/sleet/ deep freeze of Qc city- had to try them out onmine this weekend- the push/ pull worked fine albeit needed a little more push!

TxAg1993

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tri-motor FSD
Country flag
There's definitely more than 1 of these doing testing. Im sure the standard door handles in the video will be more of the production model. I'm in a northern climate and if any part of the door doesn't work I'm screwed. So i expect standard exposed handles.
I'm doubtful that this will be the first Tesla to have exposed handles given their product history and that every publicity picture features them being retracted. I was merely pointing out that for some odd reason they hadn't retracted in the video.

TxAg1993

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tri-motor FSD
Country flag
M3 door handles work fine here in the rain/sleet/ deep freeze of Qc city- had to try them out onmine this weekend- the push/ pull worked fine albeit needed a little more push!
Isn't there some type of hack to help prevent them from freezing deep into the door? I think I remember coming across something like graphite powder and/or teflon silicone lubricant.

Rancherort

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I'm doubtful that this will be the first Tesla to have exposed handles given their product history and that every publicity picture features them being retracted. I was merely pointing out that for some odd reason they hadn't retracted in the video.
They don't look like a Tesla inlay door handle. They're definitely looking like a standard f150 type handle. It's a test mule so thinking maybe it's saving money or just seeing how they work.
I personally would prefer an exposed handle. It routinely gets well below zero in LaCrosse wi. So it needs to work with winter gloves.

MSA Surgery

First Name
angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge ram 2500 Diesel
Occupation
Pulling a 13 000 lbs fifthwheel
Country flag
The 3’s engage fine with medium thick gloves-would love a heated steering as you have to go gloveless on the screen.
Sponsored