Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 VW GLI 6MT / CT Tri Motor
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Country flag
I would like ventilated, massaging seats.
This! After experiencing a mid-summer's day drive in a vehicle with ventilated seats, I told myself if my next vehicle doesn't have them, it's a deal breaker. My body runs hot and I live in Oklahoma with fairly hot, humid summers. Even with my front windshield tinted (as well as the sides) in my VW and the AC blasting, my back still sweats against the seat. It's uncomfortable. I would absolutely LOVE ventilated seats.

Hell, I'd gladly give up heated seats for this option, but my wife and daughter would disagree.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I truthfully would like to see the back window be able to go down for several reasons. One is for large things to be able to place inside the Vault and lock it. My 8 ft. surfboard for one. Also in camp mode you would have access to heat or AC. Plus I could leave my wet sandy dog in the back and still comunicate with him, and maybe give the poor guy a little heat. Also how about rolling the back window down while tailgating for music. It make sense, PLEASE Elon.

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 VW GLI 6MT / CT Tri Motor
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Country flag
I truthfully would like to see the back window be able to go down for several reasons. One is for large things to be able to place inside the Vault and lock it. My 8 ft. surfboard for one. Also in camp mode you would have access to heat or AC. Plus I could leave my wet sandy dog in the back and still comunicate with him, and maybe give the poor guy a little heat. Also how about rolling the back window down while tailgating for music. It make sense, PLEASE Elon.
The bed is supposed to have heat and air, I believe. So your pup should be good to go in the bed, as should you while camping.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I have seen where there is rumors of heat and air, but I have yet to see a photo of the truckbed with any kind of air grille or vent. Also I wouldn't think that would be a good idea, because of dirt and moisture in the back of the truck. Toyota Tundra has the back window that lowers, and most people think that is the coolest thing about a Tundra.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I would like a built in shop vac/vacuum cleaner like a central vac. This way I could clean while I charge and also help keep the bed tracks clean.
I hope the external speaker for low speed noise generation can be used with the stereo when parked for outside music.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Super capacitor upgrade options or a quad motor option to help launch the CT from 0-60 in <= 2.5 seconds. The Cybertruck IS the baddest truck for sure but this would be even MORE bad ass.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Here's my wishlist:
  • On windshield HUD or option for behind the wheel screen akin to the S and X
  • External toolboxes
  • Lift gate option
  • In bed 3 phase power
  • Aimiable lights for illuminating worksites
  • "Delivery mode" where I can put things in the bed and send the truck to a customer site
Obviously I plan to use it as a work truck.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
It only uses the two B-pillar and windshield cameras so it's really triumvirate mode. You'd need 97 more cameras for a century.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
  • In bed 3 phase power
I've seen plenty of contractors show up with biphase generators in their pickup beds but never a 3ø unit. So I am curious as to what kind of equipment you would like to run. And, of course, the related question is "How many KVA would you want it to be?"

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
"How many KVA would you want it to be?"
For what I do, 480VAC@30A would be plenty.

I just got want to have to lug around an inverter and transformer.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
OK that's 43.2 KVA which would drain a 200 kWh battery in 5 hours and is equivalent to almost 60 HP. I also have a pretty good feeling for how big a 40 - 50 kVA diesel generator is so I am now even more curious as to what sort of equipment you want to power.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Some sort of retractable roof rack or pass through for those 18-20' lengths of lumber.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
An optional electric winch/lift to load mobility scooter/chair in bed. The ramp just wouldn't work for those type of equipment (I am related to people with disabilities).

If the roof is indeed a huge glass window, some sort of built-in black out/thermal block (sliding or rolling) to help keep the interior cooler in hot desert climates. I know a guy with a Model X who brought closed cell foam sheets and put them on the interiors of the roof windows to cut down on the heat gain in the car. He said it can be like a greenhouse in there.

HUD for sure; ventilated/heated seats, heated steering wheel.

I wish the rear doors could slide open automatically like minivan doors for ease of loading, auto sliding doors are damn convenient when your hands are full.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I am now even more curious as to what sort of equipment you want to power.
I repair food sanitation equipment. It's be nice to test it on my truck.
Sponsored