OP
Cyberpark

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Yeah I can't really get over the price for this thing either. Even if they have amazing quality, with a high end interior, it shouldn't cost $135,000. The only reason I could think it costs this much is because they sell extremely few and rely on the profit off a couple to keep going.

For $10,000 less you can get a 30' airstream globetrotter that sleeps 6 with dedicated kitchen space, bathroom with a shower, and tons of storage space. I'm not saying that people should buy one over the other, but just based on value I would go for the airstream.

However, I would personally just want a simple camper like the one Tesla shows on the website. If someone made something like that, with the ability to open and close, but remain a little more insulated for winter camping, I would buy it right away. I just want something that utilitzes the bed of the Cybertruck and I can see the stars through a clear roof. The perfect solution for me would be if Tesla just puts in a midgate and I wouldn't need any additional camping stuff for the Cybertruck at all.
I'd love your opinion, too.What would you say if they could reduce the cost to under $20,000? Of course, the design also needs to be simpler.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Where do you want the midgate to be so you can get in?

CT.jpg
A midgate on a truck would be the back wall of the bed that seperates the bed from the cabin of the truck. The Chevy Avalanche has a midgate, the wall folds down onto the backs of the rear seats.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'd love your opinion, too.What would you say if they could reduce the cost to under $20,000? Of course, the design also needs to be simpler.
Personally I would love a design that is as simple as the camper that Tesla shows with the Cybertruck on their website. Tesla has it as a tent, but if a company made a similar design that can fold down with the shape of the Cybertruck but was made with a more insulated matierial, it would be a pretty good camper. Camping furniture like a mattress, table, and bench could easily be made to fit inside the bed of the truck by using the Ltracks on each side. There are also aftermarket products like a water tank that could be secured to the side and used as a shower. Since the Cybertruck has onboard air, it could great a steady flow of water at a good pressure for showering, you can also buy camping shower tents that would give privacy.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Where do you want the midgate to be so you can get in
The midgate describes the wall behind the back seats opening into the bed; the back wall of the bed opening into the cabin.

That way put could lay objects (like poles or matresses) with the seats folded down.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Cyberpark

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Personally I would love a design that is as simple as the camper that Tesla shows with the Cybertruck on their website. Tesla has it as a tent, but if a company made a similar design that can fold down with the shape of the Cybertruck but was made with a more insulated matierial, it would be a pretty good camper. Camping furniture like a mattress, table, and bench could easily be made to fit inside the bed of the truck by using the Ltracks on each side. There are also aftermarket products like a water tank that could be secured to the side and used as a shower. Since the Cybertruck has onboard air, it could great a steady flow of water at a good pressure for showering, you can also buy camping shower tents that would give privacy.
Maybe under $15,000...

OP
OP
Cyberpark

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
The midgate describes the wall behind the back seats opening into the bed; the back wall of the bed opening into the cabin.

That way put could lay objects (like poles or matresses) with the seats folded down.

-Crissa
got it. Thanks Crissa so much.

OP
OP
Cyberpark

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Yeah I can't really get over the price for this thing either. Even if they have amazing quality, with a high end interior, it shouldn't cost $135,000. The only reason I could think it costs this much is because they sell extremely few and rely on the profit off a couple to keep going.

For $10,000 less you can get a 30' airstream globetrotter that sleeps 6 with dedicated kitchen space, bathroom with a shower, and tons of storage space. I'm not saying that people should buy one over the other, but just based on value I would go for the airstream.

However, I would personally just want a simple camper like the one Tesla shows on the website. If someone made something like that, with the ability to open and close, but remain a little more insulated for winter camping, I would buy it right away. I just want something that utilitzes the bed of the Cybertruck and I can see the stars through a clear roof. The perfect solution for me would be if Tesla just puts in a midgate and I wouldn't need any additional camping stuff for the Cybertruck at all.
What is the ambient temperature when you and your family are camping in winter?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
got it. Do you think Tesla can do it?
Tesla could do it but I don't see it being likely that they do it. The camping package that they showed in pictures is already a very good design and it will suit the needs of most people going camping. It also has the added benefit of the tent looking like it is very light weight and probably very easy to install. I'm also assuming that the tent and stove can be purchased seperately, since not everyone will want to have the camping workspace and stock stored in their garage taking up space.

As for a hard cover or other camping designs, I don't think Tesla would sell any other types than the one they already showed. There are tons of different designs that some people would want and others wouldn't want, it's easier for other companies to just make aftermarket parts, especially if they already design similar products that would only take some adjusting to go on the Cybertruck.

OP
OP
Cyberpark

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
As much as I love the design of Tesla, I wish the space was bigger because I could take my family with me on a trip.

jhciv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Cybertruck; First Production Model 3
Country flag
got it. Do you think Tesla can do it?
I love the idea of a hard-sided pop up with similar size/shape to the tent concept. We camped in an old Model S P85 in 1F/-17C overnight a few years ago. Had the heater at 64F all night, slept super comfortably and drove home without even charging (almost 200 miles driving). The electric HVAC in a smaller camper with decent insulation will be a game changer.

I have a teardrop trailer with propane heater I hope to convert to electric, then just keep the trailer plugged into the CT bed.