J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
We lost our dog 5+ years ago and it still hurts. I want to get a rescue once we get our CT (American Dream: Nice Home, Family, Pickup truck and a dog)

I am wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how we can take a dog with us (besides conventional keep in the cabin, dog leash/seatbelt, etc)

What are your thoughts on a secure dog mat during warm weather for the doggo in the bed, secured with some harness, with the tonneau partially open to allow for fresh air, etc... (only during warm weather)... I feel like I MYSELF would love to sit in the back during a trip given proper soft seating...

Anyone have any dogs with Pickups? are there any laws, considerations, etc to be concerned with ?
Sponsored

TwiztOG43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
Doing the same, have 3 dogs (st Bernard, husky) not really viable for them to be in the cab.

Just waiting on an aftermarket rear window glass for climate control.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
We lost our dog 5+ years ago and it still hurts. I want to get a rescue once we get our CT (American Dream: Nice Home, Family, Pickup truck and a dog)

I am wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how we can take a dog with us (besides conventional keep in the cabin, dog leash/seatbelt, etc)

What are your thoughts on a secure dog mat during warm weather for the doggo in the bed, secured with some harness, with the tonneau partially open to allow for fresh air, etc... (only during warm weather)... I feel like I MYSELF would love to sit in the back during a trip given proper soft seating...

Anyone have any dogs with Pickups? are there any laws, considerations, etc to be concerned with ?
Yea dogs and camping is the reason the midgate and rear window were such popular design features before they got cut.
At some point there will be an aftermarket rear window that opens, some people have been just taking them out by breaking them and leaving the vault cover closed all the time.

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
There is a whole thread herewhere there are lots of opinions on where dogs should safely ride

The thread is called “what questions remain?”

Sorry can’t figure out how to copy and paste a thread link using the app.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Doing the same, have 3 dogs (st Bernard, husky) not really viable for them to be in the cab.

Just waiting on an aftermarket rear window glass for climate control.
Awww you have a Saint, too?? I am trying to get some back seat protectors designed, also spoke to some other people trying to make some. I think with the seat going up, this will leave ample floor space for the puppers, but also allow us to protect the screen and alcantara from the Saint droolies...

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag

I am sorry for your loss. I know that void in your heart will never be filled, but I hope that a rescue pupper can help make new memories to share and give you all lots of love.

TwiztOG43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
Awww you have a Saint, too?? I am trying to get some back seat protectors designed, also spoke to some other people trying to make some. I think with the seat going up, this will leave ample floor space for the puppers, but also allow us to protect the screen and alcantara from the Saint droolies...
Yup

the drool is something else!
Tesla Cybertruck Dealing with Dogs / Dog Management IMG_8830

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Amazon has pet seat liners for trucks. This is the best option with the seats folded up. Gives door protection as well.

https://a.co/d/iZDvVxm
Thank you, this may have to work until a better solution is found. I am mostly worried about the rear screen and the doors.
Sponsored