Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Is anybody else planning on putting their dogs in the vault? My concern is that if there is no removable or roll-down rear window then I have no way to get heating and/or cooling to the vault, and to hear the dogs if they're distressed or anything. I have two Boxers and my hope was to let them ride back there in a big cage for road trips. I'm often driving through snowy mountains or hot desert, and while I don't need to keep it 70 degrees for them I would definitely want to keep it between 50 and 90 degrees back there which I'd think a roll down rear window would achieve.
Sponsored

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is anybody else planning on putting their dogs in the vault? My concern is that if there is no removable or roll-down rear window then I have no way to get heating and/or cooling to the vault, and to hear the dogs if they're distressed or anything. I have two Boxers and my hope was to let them ride back there in a big cage for road trips. I'm often driving through snowy mountains or hot desert, and while I don't need to keep it 70 degrees for them I would definitely want to keep it between 50 and 90 degrees back there which I'd think a roll down rear window would achieve.
That slide out ramp would have been handy.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Yeah, I hope we will be able to condition the vault. That would be a big win in many ways.

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
That slide out ramp would have been handy.
Yes! Sadly I haven't seen any evidence that the ramp is going to make it to production. Maybe they will offer it later and I can get a retrofit tailgate similar to how they offet a retrofit power trunk on the old Model 3's. Right now I have a dog ramp that I use to put my dogs in my Yukon but it's annoying to have to also bring the ramp around with me because it takes up a decent amount of space

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
A closed vault seems like a deathtrap.
Agreed, if it's not a temperature conditioned space and if there's no opening (i.e. rolled down rear window) to hear if the occupants are in distress. With a closed vault and an open rear window it's not much different from my Yukon though, in my opinion.

If there is no roll down rear window I will have no choice but to get a Rivian R1S instead, but I'm really really hoping that I can get the Cybertruck

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This is a hot topic on here.

The consensus has been, always use a crate that's properly secured.

Temp wise though I am still hoping for a rolling window

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag

Totally agree, I don't want the dogs sliding around willy nilly. I'd put something like this in the back. But then that leads to the next question, how tall is the tallest part of the vault and how quickly does the height drop off as you get towards the rear of the bed. Could you even put something like this in there without the rolling vault cover hitting it?

Tesla Cybertruck Dogs in the Vault 233736_MAIN._AC_SL600_V1667229247_

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

At one point Elon was asked whether there would be access and/or HVAC to the bed and he said maybe partial. Of course that was almost 4 years ago so who knows.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
At one point Elon was asked whether there would be access and/or HVAC to the bed and he said maybe partial. Of course that was almost 4 years ago so who knows.
Mid gate window seems to be able to roll down, I guess that is how the AC is getting its access to the bed.

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Mid gate window seems to be able to roll down, I guess that is how the AC is getting its access to the bed.
As far as I know we haven't seen any proof that it does, it's all just speculation

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag