Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Took delivery in Dallas today and drove back to Kansas.

Truck is awesome but delivery experience not so much.

Truck was not clean, had stains and scratches in the metal and several of the plastic trim pieces were damaged. My Advisor took pictures and said I would have to come back for service. Vehicle had 32 miles on it already. Don’t think that is normal.

Feel fortunate to have the truck just wish the car was delivered with fewer issues and damage.

Pics below. Not sure who that guy is in the picture but he wouldn’t get out the way.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery in Dallas and drove back to Kansas IMG_1823

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery in Dallas and drove back to Kansas IMG_1817

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery in Dallas and drove back to Kansas IMG_1820

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery in Dallas and drove back to Kansas IMG_1821

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery in Dallas and drove back to Kansas IMG_1816

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery in Dallas and drove back to Kansas IMG_1825
Sponsored

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What is the fourth and third from the end of your VIN number thousand and hundred if you don't mind sharing. Helps us know how long ago it ran off the production line. My local dealer has a truck with a lot of scratches like that, but it's a floor model.

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Holdens, Mach-e, Bronco
Country flag
I'm happy you got it but wow. I hope they quickly take care of you.

Is your vin in 3's or 4's? Congrats on what seems to be one of the 1st in Kansas.

OP
OP
armywildcat

armywildcat

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
What is the fourth and third from the end of your VIN number thousand and hundred if you don't mind sharing. Helps us know how long ago it ran off the production line. My local dealer has a truck with a lot of scratches like that, but it's a floor model.
Found a paper in the truck that said the vehicle was made on 14 March but failed initial drive test. They had to torque the brackets holding the motors and completed repairs on 18 March.

OP
OP
armywildcat

armywildcat

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I'm happy you got it but wow. I hope they quickly take care of you.

Is your vin in 3's or 4's? Congrats on what seems to be one of the 1st in Kansas.
Thanks! Definitely getting to much attention here in Kansas. My wife said she is going to start riding in the back seat because to many people taking photos and videos.

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Found a paper in the truck that said the vehicle was made on 14 March but failed initial drive test. They had to torque the brackets holding the motors and completed repairs on 18 March.
That is remarkable that they left that paperwork in the truck for you to find lol. Guess when they did that work they must not have been too careful and scratched your truck up. That's definitely one of the drawbacks to an end of quarter push. Thanks for posting and congrats on the truck! I'm sure in the long run test will replace all those pieces and make it right for you.

OP
OP
armywildcat

armywildcat

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
That is remarkable that they left that paperwork in the truck for you to find lol. Guess when they did that work they must not have been too careful and scratched your truck up. That's definitely one of the drawbacks to an end of quarter push. Thanks for posting and congrats on the truck! I'm sure in the long run test will replace all those pieces and make it right for you.
Yep, have the full name of the technician who signed off on the repair. Just shows that the delivery team did nothing to get it prepped for delivery.

OP
OP
armywildcat

armywildcat

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
You are right I should give them credit for the scratches and stained on the metal, the black grease hand prints all over the white door panels and the coffee splatter across the entire dash.

Thanks for the reality check! Guess I wish they would have done nothing.

OP
OP
armywildcat

armywildcat

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I did. They said I needed to make a service appointment. I should have made them clean the inside but I didn’t have time and didn’t really want them touching the truck anymore.

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Holdens, Mach-e, Bronco
Country flag
You are right I should give them credit for the scratches and stained on the metal, the black grease hand prints all over the white door panels and the coffee splatter across the entire dash.

Thanks for the reality check! Guess I wish they would have done nothing.
So sorry to hear. Keep me updated if truck is really worth all of this.

OP
OP
armywildcat

armywildcat

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
So sorry to hear. Keep me updated if truck is really worth all of this.
Appreciate it! The Dallas service center has already reached out twice and assured me they will get all the parts replaced and make it right. The GM for the store is supposed to call today so will see what they have to say.

I do love the truck so I still think it is worth all the additional hassle.

Since you are in Wichita, hit me up and you can look over the truck. I live on the NE side.

WichitaDad

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
USB C
Country flag
I think I saw your truck at WF. Looks more impressive in person! I the flaws appear to be mostly trim - hopefully they can send the mobile service to get those things repaired rather than taking it in.
Sponsored