A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
And I think that the way to make EV's mainstream, is to figure out how to get folks like me to buy them. And that's not by talking about the environment.
No it isn't - for folks like you. I can easily get you to buy one with 90% probability simply by giving you a ride in one especially if I let you drive it (which I would except that you are in the wrong Washington). That's 90% because you list yourself as a Mech E. Were you a EE the probability would go up to 99%.

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Have been wanting an EV for a while. Couple of years ago (coming up on 3 now) we were looking for a new car and our main uses for this car was short trips. I looked at used Leaf's and had found one for about $15k... but then I found out that our utility and Nissan had an agreement for $10k off the sticker for a new Leaf (2016 or 2017). Got a 2017. It is now paid off.
Not sure if the next will be replacing my motorcycle with an electric (probably Zero Motorcycle model) or wait for the CyberTruck.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This will be my first EV. Ordered my Cybertruck then test drove a friend’s husband’s model 3. Any doubts I had disappeared on that ride.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I recently purchased a 2016 Audi E-tron PHEV to hold me over till im ready to buy the CT.. Not fully electric, but im having fun driving around on electric only power and experiencing the different chargers and networks set up. Pretty amazing how much of my driving can be covered with the minimal 16 miles of EV only range. So far the Blink network is the worst. Chargepoint and Volta coming out on top.
Sponsored