Fiesky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model s, 2018 model x, 2024 cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
There are no magic sensors, this will result in pinched fingers. But it's more clickbaity to claim that there is some sensor other than door position. Once you pull the door open and the stud that opens it retracts, it will slam closed no matter what you put in there.
That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification
Sponsored

Pulaski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 5500(2021), F-450(2014), Chevy Colorado(2022)
Country flag
There are no magic sensors, this will result in pinched fingers. But it's more clickbaity to claim that there is some sensor other than door position. Once you pull the door open and the stud that opens it retracts, it will slam closed no matter what you put in there.
That was my thought exactly. The optimist in me is hoping there is some magic sensor.

OP
OP

MynameisKhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Re doors and fingers.

I got my fingers caught in the sliding door of a VW bus when I was a kid. Wasn't fun, and I can still remember it to this day and with a scar to remind me.

My general advice is to not let your kids near the vehicle without you being there, and also never leave them in the car unattended. They are surprisingly fast at mischief.

We always made getting in the car a "race" for our kids, for who was in first, and who got buckled up first and ready to go. Kids like a challenge and learn quickly what things work and what doesn't. The trick is to get them to pay attention to what they are doing, because then they are less likely to injure themselves.

Overall I think the panels and sharp edges of the CT are not child or elderly friendly, so more care should be taken around it in general, including avoiding playing or riding bikes etc around it. Unlike a rounded off aluminium skin M3 it will be very unforgiving even if you just loose you balance and fall against it. Let alone a kid on a bike.

Another huge item, is to check under the vehicle for pets and kids, or toys or tools, because the extra ground clearance will be an invitation for those to get under there. Being electric means its quiet with little to no warning, and there are no parking sensors under the car or anything to warn you.

I was always pedantic about knowing exactly where everyone was in the house before leaving just to be sure. But also making the garage and around cars off limits makes for a good safety net when they form the right habits from a young age. Cars and people are always operating in a contentious zone from a safety perspective, so always try to remove one from the other whenever possible.

Plus it will keep those candy fingerprints off your CT. So win win! ;)
Very good perspective. Thanks for sharing!

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
As a Lightning owner myself, I can confidently say slamming a toddler in the door would do serious damage. I can assume you have yet to do that, so I imagine you're taking all of the proper precautions. Do that same stuff with your new truck and you'll be fine.

I agree these articles all seem like clickbait. Go slam a finger in a Mini door and see how it feels, even a small car door will mess you up. Same with your washing machine, house door, etc. Doors aren't some new invention and being closed in one has always been painful. Thankfully 99.99% of the time a door is shut, someone isn't getting hurt.

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I heard some people didn’t get the sun shade. Also make sure you get the mobile charger.

I also called Tesla and they told me my truck has already left Texas and will be in Dublin on the 10th. It’s taking a mix of both train and truck.
What magic number are people calling to talk to someone that knows anything about cybertrucks?

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
What magic number are people calling to talk to someone that knows anything about cybertrucks?
Basically, nobody knows anything until you have a vin. Then they will make some kind of a guess when you'll get delivery. Past that, they still probably don't know anything else until the truck comes and it either does or doesn't have accessories with it.

If you do get a vin, you can try calling your local tesla showroom. Or, you can try the general number, and see if they can tell you anything, but they have many layers of separation between the customer and people who know anything useful unfortunately.

Tesla Cybertruck Door safety for toddlers 1707172830551

^General number

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
OP
OP

MynameisKhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
@MynameisKhan
did you take delivery ? i dont see you on the sheet, can you tellus the RN# you have and what date your configured your truck ?
Hi,
RN11277xxx
Config date: 12/10
VIN assigned: 2/1
Delivery center: Dublin CA
Waiting for delivery. The vehicle has been in transit forever. I was told CT will be delivered this week. Will update the delivery date when I pick it up

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Hi,
RN11277xxx
Config date: 12/10
VIN assigned: 2/1
Delivery center: Dublin CA
Waiting for delivery. The vehicle has been in transit forever. I was told CT will be delivered this week. Will update the delivery date when I pick it up
my god that is forever! good luck !!

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
I agree these articles all seem like clickbait. Go slam a finger in a Mini door and see how it feels, even a small car door will mess you up. Same with your washing machine, house door, etc. Doors aren't some new invention and being closed in one has always been painful. Thankfully 99.99% of the time a door is shut, someone isn't getting hurt.
Exactly. I got my finger squished flat as a pancake in my 8th grade locker room door, on the hinge side, it closed all the way. My finger was thinner than the gap between panels on a CT by far. Luckily, it went back to mostly normal, but I learned from then on to keep better track of where I put my fingers!

Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AEV Prospector XL
Country flag
What happens to her now when she does something unpredictable with the heavy doors in your current vehicles? Try closing any door on your fingers and see what happens. #derp

msdg137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel
Occupation
You make it I break it
Country flag
My 3yo does not handle my gl320 benz doors. They are heavy with double pane windows. I am a firm believer in taking the variables out of the equation. I left arm hold him, open with my right. Set him in with my left he's completely blocked from the door, snow, wind, rain by my body.
Removal is two handed then to the left arm. The door gets shut before he touches the ground. and He's boxed out from the vehicle at that point on my left side.
Hopefully the height of the CT will allow the same process.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Re doors and fingers.

I got my fingers caught in the sliding door of a VW bus when I was a kid. Wasn't fun, and I can still remember it to this day and with a scar to remind me.

My general advice is to not let your kids near the vehicle without you being there, and also never leave them in the car unattended. They are surprisingly fast at mischief.
Same with my brother. I still rember this....decades later. Grandpa closing the door and somehow my brother's hand ended up in the door frame. Everyone: be observant!

My Model Y rear liftgate/ hatch will stop with not much interference. Hopefully the Cybertruck frunk will be updated to similar.

msdg137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel
Occupation
You make it I break it
Country flag
This thread jinxed me! Sitting in the ER, my wife shattered her finger closing it in the mercedes door 😅.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
This thread jinxed me! Sitting in the ER, my wife shattered her finger closing it in the mercedes door 😅.
Ouch!
But the headline tomorrow will read.
"Cybertruck owner's wife finger smashed"
Sponsored