Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Ok, I am seeing a lot more ads for various EVs now. Mostly from Lucid but others also.

With all the dollars being spent on advertising, how many EVs will not be created due to lack of funds? I get that there may need to be some marketing of EVs but if you build interest in a vehicle that is not even being produced yet, how is that new desire supposed to be filled?

If the advertising results in a greater move to Tesla then I’m ok with it. Temporarily the increased demand will make ordering a Tesla take a little longer. But I see Tesla building out the ability to fill any and all orders that come it’s way. Most of the other companies though do not yet seem to be building that capacity. My guess is that they are just not going to make it.
Sponsored

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Sometimes, the marketing looks like it's for the customer but it's targeting the investors.

It's a new industry and there will be multiple failures (ava a few frauds). The early automotive industry was fascinating to me. Anyone willing to hack together a car made a car company. Some failed. Many, many were merged or bought out. If I could make a billion in four years by starting an EV company and sell it, I would.

I enjoy the EV advertising from ICE manufacturers. They try and split this fine line between better for the environment and our other products are bad for the environment. Schadenfreude. (It means deriving pain from others suffering, in this case, ICE auto squirming.)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Most of the ads are 'public awareness' rather than really trying to sell unsold product.

Everyone knows Tesla sells EVs, not everyone knows these other companies do. Or in the form of Lucid, even that they exist.

And to get investors and partners and yes, customers, they have to know they exist! That's why Arcimoto, Aptera, Zero, all the little guys advertise.

-Crissa
Sponsored