Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I do that with mine all the time!
The bike, right? Do you ever get hassled? Or even noticed that you can tell? Do you park on sidewalks or just in proper spaces and stretch a cord? Very curious how this plays out in real life. Arizona is pretty friendly to motorcycles on sidewalks because of our heat problem. I don't know if other places are.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The bike, right? Do you ever get hassled? Or even noticed that you can tell? Do you park on sidewalks or just in proper spaces and stretch a cord? Very curious how this plays out in real life. Arizona is pretty friendly to motorcycles on sidewalks because of our heat problem. I don't know if other places are.
Well, I try to make sure I tuck out of the way. I only have a 10' cord, so up against walls it is!

I try to ask when I can.

But I've never been hassled - but if the spot is listed on Plugshare as 'got hassled' I don't go. Any I had to ask to use I don't post.

Most seem pretty okay with letting me charge, honestly.

-Crissa

PS, I really hate the rules that say bikes and peds can't mix - it's not like there's sidewalks in parking lots, they clearly expect them to mix. It's about speed and whatnot. Just make sure you're not blocking a wheelchair's space to get past you and not blocking a fire exit and you should be fine, right?

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Oh, never considered that Plugshare would have crowdsourced recommendations. Yelp for charging.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The % of drivers in an age group is fairly level from ages 20-59 but really starts to drop significantly at ages 60-64 and then drops precipitately after 64.

The significant increase of the number of elderly persons in U.S. population since 2015 might account for a big share of the decrease in new passenger vehicle sales since 2015.

------------------------------

Number of licensed drivers in the United States in 2016, by age (in millions)
This statistic represents the total number of licensed drivers in the United States in 2016, with a breakdown by age group. In that year, there were some 20.3 million licensed drivers between age 55 to 59.
Published by Mathilde Carlier, Carlier Research Expert covering transportation and logistics.
Aug 5, 2021
https://www.statista.com/statistics/184606/us-licensed-drivers-by-age-2008/

ages | drivers

45-49 | 19.2%
50-54 | 20.2%
55-59 | 20.3%
60-64 | 18.1%
65-69 | 15.4%
70-74 | 10.7%

------------------------------