EVs reach 4.8% of monthly sales in the US

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Imagine…. Your setting on your zero at a stoplight when the kid driving a jeep is texting on his phone and fails to stop before hitting you. Fact is, it happened to me just like that. I was on a Harley SG and sustained injuries that will never heal. Cellphone are dangerous and alcohol is worse.
The behavior you describe is already illegal. And for good reasons.
Sponsored

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
And we have already made it illegal to use them (and alcohol) while driving. So I don't see the point in banning them altogether.
Thats how I feel about firearms. It’s already illegal to use them to break the law so no point in banning them all together. Might be a good idea to make everyone that wants to purchase a cellphone go through the same process as is required to purchase a firearm which includes an FBI background check, paying the state for a license to carry the phone, get training on how to use the phone properly and be responsible while using it. Same misuse penalties should apply to phone laws as firearm laws. It’s late and I don’t have time to research it right now but I am willing to bet the number of people killed by phones each year is multiple times the number of people killed by firearms.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Thats how I feel about firearms. It’s already illegal to use them to break the law so no point in banning them all together. Might be a good idea to make everyone that wants to purchase a cellphone go through the same process as is required to purchase a firearm which includes an FBI background check, paying the state for a license to carry the phone, get training on how to use the phone properly and be responsible while using it. Same misuse penalties should apply to phone laws as firearm laws. It’s late and I don’t have time to research it right now but I am willing to bet the number of people killed by phones each year is multiple times the number of people killed by firearms.
Is it your intention to turn this forum into a gun debate? In any case, last time I checked, all my guns were legal and no one has ever tried to take them away from me. So it's utterly baffling why you would insert that here unless you are trying to disrupt the forum.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Just making a point by drawing parallels like most of us do. Didn’t intend to baffle you.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Guns require less licensing and liability insurance than cars, so not entirely sure why you'd draw that parallel.

-Crissa
Sponsored