GrandEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT, MX, and R1S
Country flag
I’m not totally following along with this. Why do they have to unassigned your Vin and you have to unravel your payment and insurance? Why can’t you just pick up the same car with the part replaced after your vacation? How long are you going away for a week or two?
That’s not how Tesla operates. Typically you only have a few days to take delivery once it arrives and especially at end of quarter where they need everything that can be delivered to be delivered. Even though they had no ETA on the part, they seem to think that there is a small chance they get it, get it repaired and somehow find a buyer that can pick it up by Saturday. So they released my VIN and put my order on hold. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sponsored

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
That’s not how Tesla operates. Typically you only have a few days to take delivery once it arrives and especially at end of quarter where they need everything that can be delivered to be delivered. Even though they had no ETA on the part, they seem to think that there is a small chance they get it, get it repaired and somehow find a buyer that can pick it up by Saturday. So they released my VIN and put my order on hold. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well they didn’t give it to me. Day 91 since configuring and day 76 since they withdrew final payment from my bank account. I sent them a kind of nasty message through the app chat yesterday asking them how they would feel if they personally gave $30,000 75 days ago and haven’t been told anything, which they ignored.

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I live 15 mins away, I’ll take it. it’s not like the high voltage system is all that important!

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well they didn’t give it to me. Day 91 since configuring and day 76 since they withdrew final payment from my bank account. I sent them a kind of nasty message through the app chat yesterday asking them how they would feel if they personally gave $30,000 75 days ago and haven’t been told anything, which they ignored.
they do an outstanding job of ignoring app messages they don’t want to respond to. wishing you a speedy truck arrival from here.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
they do an outstanding job of ignoring app messages they don’t want to respond to. wishing you a speedy truck arrival from here.
Thanks! I apologize to all of you guys for repeating constantly that I haven’t gotten a vin yet, but it’s my only therapy. It makes me feel slightly better to bitch and moan about it :)

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! I apologize to all of you guys for repeating constantly that I haven’t gotten a vin yet, but it’s my only therapy. It makes me feel slightly better to bitch and moan about it :)
all good with cybertherapy. where else can any of us vent and share related frustration?

your truck will come and before you know it this will all be forgotten.

Until then….

…..it will be as annoying AF

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
just a guess - SATURDAY b/c its the last day for the push to the end of the quarter. It's an artificial deadline.. and Sunday is Easter and not sure if Lawrencevill is open on Sunday (NJ blue laws?)

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
just a guess - SATURDAY b/c its the last day for the push to the end of the quarter. It's an artificial deadline.. and Sunday is Easter and not sure if Lawrencevill is open on Sunday (NJ blue laws?)
I think the actual law is that a car can’t be sold on Sunday I think almost all dealers are closed but technically the dealer could be open on Sunday. You just can’t sell cars on Sunday in New Jersey. But, Sunday itself wouldn’t be teslas weird deadline they’re putting on them that must be because of 3/31. They want the car to move to somebody by then I’ll take it by the way :)

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
Guys I just brought my truck home after a long journey. (Spoiler alert: they do a little smoke show)
NICE CONGRATS Let’s go NJ
FUGGETABOUDIT.

@LOLZ can you tell us which Delivery location? Doesn’t look like Springfield or maybe Princeton?

LOLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck, model 3
Country flag
Update: my front right air suspension just blew :(
Sponsored