J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
Picked up today and overall delivery went well. Truck was pretty clean, some small panel issues that I will put a request in for.
Drive home was interesting took the whole hour to get used to the steering, size of the truck and lack of rear view mirror visibility. Still not 100% comfortable but Iā€™m getting there and itā€™s been great to drive.

Lots of honks and pictures. I heard this comment a few times by others as well and Iā€™m amazed at how many people donā€™t even know itā€™s a Tesla.

After arriving home the car looks like it could use another wash, canā€™t wait to wrap it.

Excellent and congrats! Im sure neighbors are all gawking
Sponsored

Kalease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Excellent and congrats! Im sure neighbors are all gawking
lol yes they are.

I stopped at Walmart yesterday and returned to see a group of people huddled waiting for the owner.

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
lol yes they are.

I stopped at Walmart yesterday and returned to see a group of people huddled waiting for the owner.
Wow. Thatā€™s cool. Wonder how the reaction will be from Classic Pickup Truck Bubbas.

They fight amongst themselves Ram vs GM vs Fordā€¦. Some may really hate CTā€¦

Iā€™m slapping a big ole American Flag on mine and that should work like garlic for a vampireā€¦ I hopeā€¦

Kalease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow. Thatā€™s cool. Wonder how the reaction will be from Classic Pickup Truck Bubbas.

They fight amongst themselves Ram vs GM vs Fordā€¦. Some may really hate CTā€¦

Iā€™m slapping a big ole American Flag on mine and that should work like garlic for a vampireā€¦ I hopeā€¦
lol funny you say that one in the crowd was like that and all he kept saying was that he hates it, nonetheless he was standing there for about 10 minutes lol

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
lol funny you say that one in the crowd was like that and all he kept saying was that he hates it, nonetheless he was standing there for about 10 minutes lol
Hahah - he was "processing" it. You're probably in his head FAR AFTER he left the WalMart.

Historically, Buggy Whip manufacturers ALSO hated the first cars when they were invented. LOL.

Each innovation leaves a small percentage behind. And the CT is a BIG one. Oh well.

But AMERICA is about moving forward based on some immutable principles like freedom and liberty. He's allowed to hate, and we're allowed to not hate. God Bless America.

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
I just jinx'd myself - Princeton location just called saying it takes extra time to prep the CT and that even though the system allowed me to schedule for tomorrow, they need more time.

The next CT delivery available is for next Saturday, May 18th! So I have been rescheduled for that day but if something opens up before then, they will let me know. šŸ˜
How quickly after you scheduled in the app did they contact you? I was able to schedule this morning and hoping they donā€™t call me to change it.

Shayan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
I would say 3 hours or so. They called within minutes of me posting here lol.
When did you schedule for and which location?

Tyler from the Princeton location is the person who called me. I was told he is the only one who delivers the CT's which take extra time to prep and the next availability is for the 18th, nothing sooner but he will reach out if anything opens up.

On another confusing note, this morning I got a text from Tesla saying my CT is on site and if I prefer to take delivery sooner, go to schedule a new appointment. When I went to check the app, there was no option to pick a new appointment. I texted back saying I would prefer to take delivery as soon as possible and I received a response saying "Your current appointment will be the earliest available appointment." :cry:

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
I would say 3 hours or so. They called within minutes of me posting here lol.
When did you schedule for and which location?

Tyler from the Princeton location is the person who called me. I was told he is the only one who delivers the CT's which take extra time to prep and the next availability is for the 18th, nothing sooner but he will reach out if anything opens up.

On another confusing note, this morning I got a text from Tesla saying my CT is on site and if I prefer to take delivery sooner, go to schedule a new appointment. When I went to check the app, there was no option to pick a new appointment. I texted back saying I would prefer to take delivery as soon as possible and I received a response saying "Your current appointment will be the earliest available appointment." :cry:
Thatā€™s why I asked. I was able to schedule for Monday at Princeton

Kalease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Thatā€™s why I asked. I was able to schedule for Monday at Princeton
When I first scheduled they had next day available so I grabbed it but also received the call a few hours later. Luckily they only pushed me out an extra day.
Its the detailing of the Cybertruck I was told that takes a lot longer the. Cars with a paint job.

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
When I first scheduled they had next day available so I grabbed it but also received the call a few hours later. Luckily they only pushed me out an extra day.
Its the detailing of the Cybertruck I was told that takes a lot longer the. Cars with a paint job.
Maybe some trucks come more prepped or are cleaner than others and thatā€™s why they are easier to prep for delivery than others. Also some trucks might throw error codes that need to be addressed first

Kalease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Maybe some trucks come more prepped or are cleaner than others and thatā€™s why they are easier to prep for delivery than others. Also some trucks might throw error codes that need to be addressed first
Nope this is all detailing you wonā€™t be scheduled until after itā€™s inspected.

Kalease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Oh ok, good to know. Then I guess I have no idea what causes the delay
The rep was telling me they have to power buff all of the cybertrucks before selling them which adds time.

drsaab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS, MX, CT
Country flag
Got an 8000 vin today from a 3/6 order. I do not know which SC it would be at for pickup. All insurance and payments submitted in the app.

Who to call to get more info... any tips?
Sponsored