Forbes: The Real Driver Of Tesla’s $100 Billion Valuation Is The Dearth Of Innovation In The Auto Industry

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
I just found this to be very encouraging. An acceptable mainstream source for the public being correct AND positive about TESLA.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
"Tesla is actively demonstrating what relevant differentiation means in a category that has become increasingly commoditized. Steve Jobs famously said, “People don’t know what they want until you show it to them.” Like Jobs’ iPhone, with Tesla, Musk is showing people what they will want, and why what makes it different matters."

I notice this where I work in addition to a few other headwinds. Innovation is terrifying as it is seen as risk. It is typical in industry for focus groups, customer feed back etc. and it is the same old trope: they just want faster horses.

As we recently read regarding the CT there wasn't much if any customer outreach when designing the CT other than make it badass.

Innovators may actually have a bit of contempt deep down from a lifetime of "color within the lines".

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Forbes has been pretty poor in their editorial work of late, but this article hits it on the title.

We're in an investment bubble right now, which should mean companies are flush, but most don't know how to use it.

-Crissa
Sponsored