JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
.... or a coping mechanism for generational trauma due to colonialism and systemic racism.
Could be, but most youth are just bored and are looking for something to do and can't afford anything else. There's a lot of angst that is fed into the situation for political reasons, and completely ignores the individual state of affairs. I've worked with them, and my experience is their attitudes do not reflect the political affairs of white men that see them as an industry of opportunities worth exploiting. Their concerns and issues are immediate and not historical and as such their lives reflect the now and what ever opportunities present themselves. Not so much different from some of us who hang on our own addictions to dull the repetitive motions of life.

It would be good to give rural areas a much needed boost in lifestyle and quality so there are at least options.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Could be, but most youth are just bored and are looking for something to do and can't afford anything else. There's a lot of angst that is fed into the situation for political reasons, and completely ignores the individual state of affairs. I've worked with them, and my experience is their attitudes do not reflect the political affairs of white men that see them as an industry of opportunities worth exploiting. Their concerns and issues are immediate and not historical and as such their lives reflect the now and what ever opportunities present themselves. Not so much different from some of us who hang on our own addictions to dull the repetitive motions of life.

It would be good to give rural areas a much needed boost in lifestyle and quality so there are at least options.
if it's at all similar to the Canadian experience of the indigenous peoples, Aborigines are suffering from that same generational trauma.
Sponsored