Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
It’s all part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).

1. It takes one day to write the patch.
  2. Next it goes to the bundling team, it normally takes three days to bundle it, but we’ve got a holiday coming up and everyone knows productivity drops the week before a holiday.
  3. After bundling, it takes 2-3 days to get through security.
  4. Finally, another 4 days of QA and testing. If it doesn’t pass QA, it goes back to step one.
  5. Once it’s finalized, they have to write the release notes which takes another day. Those have to be vetted by marketing and finally legal. So that’s another 5-10 days.
  6. Once the release notes are finalized, they will probably realize that they need to get included in the bundle so they probably have to skip back to step 2.
This is all so true.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
(Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said Monday it will recall about 2,900 F-150 Lightning trucks because a software issue may result in a failure to provide adequate warning of low tire pressure.
The recall is the first for the Ford electric pickup truck. Ford said the trucks tire pressure monitoring system light may not illuminate when intended and may not be able to provide adequate warning of low tire inflation pressure because the recommended tire cold inflation pressure value was incorrectly set to 35 psi rather than the correct inflation pressure of 42 psi.
The recall covers 2,666 U.S. vehicles and 220 in Canada. There are no accidents or injuries connected to the recall.
Ford said low tire inflation pressure may lead to poor vehicle handling and a possible loss of vehicle control, which could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the Body Control Module software for undelivered vehicles and customers who want the remedy immediately, a fix that takes approximately 20 minutes.
Ford will also have the software update available through an over-the-air update in 30 days for all current customers.

Source
that's like all of them, right?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Am I the only one that glances at the tires walking up to my car to tell if tires are inflated properly? Takes half second
I’m pretty sure I’ve never walked up to your car and checked if the tires were inflated properly. What kind of car do you have anyways? Why would I do this?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Twelve Days Of Christmas

1 Hummer
2600 F150-'s
No Silverradoo
And a partridge lead up a garden paaath

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
It’s all part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).

1. It takes one day to write the patch.
  2. Next it goes to the bundling team, it normally takes three days to bundle it, but we’ve got a holiday coming up and everyone knows productivity drops the week before a holiday.
  3. After bundling, it takes 2-3 days to get through security.
  4. Finally, another 4 days of QA and testing. If it doesn’t pass QA, it goes back to step one.
  5. Once it’s finalized, they have to write the release notes which takes another day. Those have to be vetted by marketing and finally legal. So that’s another 5-10 days.
  6. Once the release notes are finalized, they will probably realize that they need to get included in the bundle so they probably have to skip back to step 2.
Do we work for the same company?

1656446220869.jpeg

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I’m pretty sure I’ve never walked up to your car and checked if the tires were inflated properly. What kind of car do you have anyways? Why would I do this?
like, unless it's flat you can't visually see proper inflation.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
like, unless it's flat you can't visually see proper inflation.
You can see near ideal inflation by the compressed spread of the tire. Tread pattern wear can also indicate improper inflation, brake chatter, alignment issues, and suspension issues.

I practiced this technique in my high school years working at a gas station with full service.

It is all in the tire shape.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
You can see near ideal inflation by the compressed spread of the tire. Tread pattern wear can also indicate improper inflation, brake chatter, alignment issues, and suspension issues.

I practiced this technique in my high school years working at a gas station with full service.

It is all in the tire shape.
by the time you see wear issues, alignment it's too late. Joe Blow can't see if a tire is 5 psi over or under.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Yes. Kind of impressive they managed to crank out that many in just a few months. I think they’ve passed GM and Rivian combined.
Agreed. It is "Lightening" fast speed from the Ford VP posturing after the CT reveal to now. I bet the video clip and image of the F150 being dragged uphill by the CT provided extra motivation to the company to produce their own.
Good for them.