Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I’ve been watch various Teslacam videos lately (props to Wham Baam Teslacam) and this comment keeps coming up:

{insert Tesla owner here} shared the video with the police and they were {very grateful}/{surprised to learn about Teslacam}
And this is all before FSD even comes into full release. Once FSD is out, any Tesla that witnesses or participates in an accident / traffic violation, should have enough data logged that even beyond the Teslacam footage there should be a way to totally reconstruct what happened in the all encompassing 3D world that Tesla demonstrated on AI day. In fact all the vehicles could retrace their exact steps, with labels as to how fast everyone was traveling. When exactly lights changed colors, how far any vehicle was relative to all the road lines or curbs, etc.

So how long till government or insurance companies start getting subpoenas for this data and the 3D reenactment?

Theoretically, this data is probably already available in everyone’s vehicles (at least the ones with the latest updated hardware). Personally I’d like my phone app to be able to download a recreation of anything I recorded on purpose from Teslacam. Or anything that caused an alert when I wasn’t in the vehicle.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Not big brother nor little brother. It is the middle brother who sometimes cover for you and other times rat you out.

I have a positive opinion on the tech. (Unless it rats me out)

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
Last month my wife's MY recorded this road rage (Tesla hate) video of an unprovoked lane brush off on I-25 that just barely brushed her fender. The Colorado highway patrol didn’t seem to care. In case you're wondering the autopilot started braking but she instinctively overrode it. (Not enough in my opinion but I wasn't there) [edit, trying again with a low res video]
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: