Full Costs Everything Owning An EV? Per State?

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Weirdly some of the states list their annual, the others list the initial registration.

-Crissa
The weirdness does not stop there. Pretty much every variable for each state is variable e.g. how much of the EV fee goes to roads is variable, how much of the road is paid for by state general fund, federal, usage-related like gas and EV vs other like tourism, how the EV fee was calculated and how will it (or not) change over time, etc. This is all wrapped in a subtext about EV which is all wrapped in a policy issue about road and climate which is wrapped in a hot topic of taxation, all in a bowl of the role of government. Turtles all the way down. I rather enjoy getting into the gnarly mess and unpacking it, but I know it's a hot button for most people. DM me if you want the webinar presententations.
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
" Weirdly some of the states list their annual, the others list the initial registration. "
When I spoke to the nice lady at the DMV she said the initial registration was 250 (in addition to the regular tag and tax fee) and would be 200 a year after that. Being a Disabled Veteran I do not have to pay for a tag but I do have to pay the annual tax/fee (the downside it that you can't get a custom plate with the DV tag). 200 bucks won't break me and I'll save more than that on gas (assuming the price of electricity doesn't skyrocket for some reason).