Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
NASA is developing an artificial intelligence which will be used to help future mars rovers pilot themselves with less human input.. And they need YOUR help.
https://mars.nasa.gov/news/8689/nasas-mars-rover-drivers-need-your-help/

They need humans to classify objects in images taken by previous Mars rovers, then the images can be used to train the AI computer. Basically they want to know... Is that a rock, or is it sand? Kinda boring work really, but if a few thousand people do a few hundred images each, it starts adding up.
The project home page is here. Create an account and you'll be a Martian Geologist in no time. When Tesla `sends a rover, you'll be able to say you were a tiny part of it.
https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/hiro-ono/ai4mars

If you don't like Mars' dirt, this just is one part of a much larger project called zooniverse. They need your help to classify images of many different kinds of things. Choose your poison. Many people like classifying images of African animals on trail cameras, those projects get finished quickly but there's always another on the way. Transcribing centuries-old weather records is important. I spent a lot of time on an project where letters sent home from WWI soldiers were transcribed. I would do one or two letters every day for a year. Enjoyed every minute of it.
Classifying galaxies is my favorite, it's harder than most of the other projects.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
ill label some stuff if im bored, thanks for showing this.
but is it really artificial intelligence if it relies on non-artificial intelligence to do most of the work?
I think a better term is a visual based adaptive control network

OP
OP
Delusional

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
It uses our knowledge to learn how to do it itself.

Forrest White

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe
Country flag
As for me, robotic space exploration is closer to space colonization because there are many resources to be used in order to create suitable conditions for humans than for robots so there should be many launch company be responsible for the space industry.

cannon_gray

First Name
Cannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe
Country flag
The head of SpaceX recently proclaimed the independence of Mars from Earth. Elon Musk proclaims it a "free planet" on which its own laws will operate. If someone does not agree with the terms of use of the service, then they cannot use the global satellite Internet.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
The head of SpaceX recently proclaimed the independence of Mars from Earth. Elon Musk proclaims it a "free planet" on which its own laws will operate. If someone does not agree with the terms of use of the service, then they cannot use the global satellite Internet.

This is old news. Eight months old news. Eight months is not "recently".

Further more, it's not clear that Article 9 in the Starlink Terms of Service weren't some kind of joke.

International law applies in outer space per the International Space Treaty.

By the way, you spelled your vehicle's make incorrectly. It's spelled P-O-R-S-C-H-E.

You don't happen to have a father that worked at GM, do you?

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
As for me, robotic space exploration is closer to space colonization because there are many resources to be used in order to create suitable conditions for humans than for robots so there should be many launch company be responsible for the space industry.

Wow!

What are the chances that @cannon_gray and @Forrest White can't spell the make of the car they drive? And they misspell the same way?

Again, Gordon Johnson, it's spelled P-O-R-S-C-H-E.
Sponsored