Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m pretty sure Tesla was smart enough to make the corner lights bright street to be street legal with the tailgate down.
Size and location are more important than brightness, but perhaps they're just legal enough.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
But clearly, the stainless body is not necessary,
No, without the stressed skin you'll lose a bunch of strength in the body.

It does seem like they're using more casting to body panel than they originally conceived, but still, I wouldn't want to ride around without the skin... It would crumple up if it hits any wrong bump or collision.

I’m pretty sure Tesla was smart enough to make the corner lights bright street to be street legal with the tailgate down.
Yeah, the original prototype truck had lights on the gate and then again on the sides underneath. The new ones the lights are only on the sides, plus a center bar on the tailgate.

-Crissa

bang21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, AWD FS Cybertruck VIN 7XXX
Country flag
I just realized, if you have the tailgate down because you're carrying plywood or something long that you need to keep it open for, you have no brake lights!!! (or driving rear red lights for that matter) I do see those little red lights on the bottom corners but that's not good enough, the break lights need to be up high and prominent. Same with the camera for the rear view "mirror" on the screen...if the tailgate is down, you have no rear view on the screen. This is a BIG oversight I haven't seen anyone bring up in the thousands of treads I've read here on this site. Not sure if you all know, but ALL trucks have the lights on the side walls, not just on the tailgate.
When the tailgate is down, there’s a set of taillights that are exposed.

Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
When the tailgate is down, there’s a set of taillights that are exposed.
I mentioned that in my comment, but even those are partially blocked by the tailgate being down if your eyesight in the vehicle following is above the tailgate height.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
just to let you know, as an owner of a CT the brakelights/blinkers are also installed in upper corners so the tailgate can be down.

bang21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, AWD FS Cybertruck VIN 7XXX
Country flag
just to let you know, as an owner of a CT the brakelights/blinkers are also installed in upper corners so the tailgate can be down.
Yes, that’s what I’m trying to explain also—a new set of taillights are hidden behind the tailgate.

We have the truck, we speak from experience. There’s so much opinion and speculation on this forum.
Sponsored