Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Buy some land for investments. I'm sure they'll need some hotels, food places, recreation etc.

Reactions: CTM

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Buy some land for investments. I'm sure they'll need some hotels, food places, recreation etc.
This actually isn't a far-fetched idea. Assuming they are purchasing that entire plot of open land, the shear size of it is more than enough to place all of the items mentioned along with a massive factory, and maybe even a really nice delivery center as there's sure to be huge numbers of deliveries all day long for a good amount of time. I'm sure the number of people close enough for a drive would rather make the trip to the factory to actually pick up a vehicle like this and that would just be an experience second to none, imo.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Once the official announcement is made the land speculators and investors will be combing the area for property.

Momo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved) I can't bring myself to buy nothing else
Occupation
Clinical Pharmacist
Country flag

Momo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved) I can't bring myself to buy nothing else
Occupation
Clinical Pharmacist
Country flag
I just can't see Tesla rewarding Texas for not letting them sell cars there by putting in a factory that will earn Texas a lot of money. I mean, I'm a little more vindictive than that. Let me set my factory up in a State that was pro-Tesla.
I'm sure that will be a bargaining chip for Tesla. 'We will build the factory here if we can sell directly to customers or else we are taking our talents to Tulsa"

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I'm sure that will be a bargaining chip for Tesla. 'We will build the factory here if we can sell directly to customers or else we are taking our talents to Tulsa"
I know people in Texas can buy Teslas through an almost painless process but Tesla could still use this factory to make a point.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With the factory being near Hutto and Taylor, Tesla could test the Cybertruck at the Formula One Track 15 minutes down the road.
Great, visit the factory for a tour and take In the F1 racing weekend, now I just have to sell that to the boss.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I just read that an hour ago. Still waiting for the official Tesla announcement.