Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
Hill Country somewhere (I'm guessing) -- certainly not down here near Houston, where it floods yearly/weekly/daily...

SSCYBERTRANPORT

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Semi retired Chem Ind Eng.
Country flag
Outside El Paso Texas, there is plenty of land, dry. Have to look out for heavy winds but rarely dusty if close to Franklin Mountain.
A lot of good hard working people in the neighborhood. Price in Texas and can be delivered to New Mexico within 40 miles max.
Welcome a cybertruck gigafactory, that could export fast to Mexico and mid distance from East and West coasts, to reach Atlantic
and Pacific customers..... maybe....

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
San Antonio already has the Toyota Tundra plant so there is already people with auto manufacturing experience in the area. Also, it's the closest large city to Boca Chica which it can share stainless steel supplies.

Last edited:

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hey everyone! I just joined and here's my first post as I'm super interested in this topic as well. I have a hunch that an area in the Hutto/Taylor area near Austin would be ideal. We take this route all the time when leaving the Austin area to head to College Station and it just checks all of the boxes that a company would be looking for.

If you open google maps and search "Hutto, Tx" > Switch to Satellite View > Zoom Out > look to the East and in the area of "Limmer Loop" is a massive area of open fields. Note to that from here, driving west on SH79 takes you straight to 130 and I-35.
  • Logistics cost - Easy access to major Interstate highways (S-130 Tollway and I-35 via SH79)
  • Wide Range of Talents - Easy access to major workforce (This area is exploding with housing and talented people from lots of different industries)
  • Quality of Life - This is great area to live in and as mentioned in previous item, housing it booming and everything is actually building out this way
  • There are tons of open fields that you could fit several Giga Factories here, if you wanted to (realistically, a lot of the land around a potential factory would be bought up by other businesses)
  • Not to mention, easy access to software/chip engineering talent in downtown and a short flight to Boca Chica

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Hey everyone! I just joined and here's my first post as I'm super interested in this topic as well. I have a hunch that an area in the Hutto/Taylor area near Austin would be ideal. We take this route all the time when leaving the Austin area to head to College Station and it just checks all of the boxes that a company would be looking for.

If you open google maps and search "Hutto, Tx" > Switch to Satellite View > Zoom Out > look to the East and in the area of "Limmer Loop" is a massive area of open fields. Note to that from here, driving west on SH79 takes you straight to 130 and I-35.
  • Logistics cost - Easy access to major Interstate highways (S-130 Tollway and I-35 via SH79)
  • Wide Range of Talents - Easy access to major workforce (This area is exploding with housing and talented people from lots of different industries)
  • Quality of Life - This is great area to live in and as mentioned in previous item, housing it booming and everything is actually building out this way
  • There are tons of open fields that you could fit several Giga Factories here, if you wanted to (realistically, a lot of the land around a potential factory would be bought up by other businesses)
  • Not to mention, easy access to software/chip engineering talent in downtown and a short flight to Boca Chica

I think between Austin and San Antonio makes more sense. But we agree on the region. New Braunfels, Geronimo, Seguin, San Marcos areas--could draw from SA and ATX.

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think between Austin and San Antonio makes more sense. But we agree on the region. New Braunfels, Geronimo, Seguin, San Marcos areas--could draw from SA and ATX.
Agreed! There's just way too many factors that make this ideal with the one major exception being the Automobile Dealers Association and state officials trying to keep direct sales to consumers banned in the state. Let's hope that the state officials wake up and realize that this project would inject an amount into the state and local economies that the dealer association could never come close to contending with and this thing gets done for Texas!

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I hope it gets built in Texas also. Our state has so much to offer. Highly skilled work force in many different professions both blue and white collar. Port of Houston for shipping and TONS of green energy production. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Iamdavo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, 1975 Cadillac Eldorado, Zagato Perana Z One
Occupation
CEO of Worlds
Country flag
Hill Country somewhere (I'm guessing) -- certainly not down here near Houston, where it floods yearly/weekly/daily...
Austin is making a big play. I spoke with some officials last week. ??

Iamdavo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, 1975 Cadillac Eldorado, Zagato Perana Z One
Occupation
CEO of Worlds
Country flag
Agreed! There's just way too many factors that make this ideal with the one major exception being the Automobile Dealers Association and state officials trying to keep direct sales to consumers banned in the state. Let's hope that the state officials wake up and realize that this project would inject an amount into the state and local economies that the dealer association could never come close to contending with and this thing gets done for Texas!
I’m just blown away that our state has not figured this out yet. Somebody should tally all the Tesla’s in Texas and estimate the lost tax revenue. Maybe that would change people’s minds in the legislature.

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’m just blown away that our state has not figured this out yet. Somebody should tally all the Tesla’s in Texas and estimate the lost tax revenue. Maybe that would change people’s minds in the legislature.
One can't help but assume that this info HAD to be shown to state officials while negotiating a possible deal. Given the number of Teslas I see in and around the Austin area alone, it's got to be a mind-boggling number that they are still selling in Texas despite the current hurdles in place. Seeing this sort of info should do wonders to help state officials see the lost tax revenue as you stated in addition to all sorts of additional revenue pouring into the state and local areas just from building the factory in the state. Let's hope this gets announced in the next few weeks! Fingers crossed!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I just can't see Tesla rewarding Texas for not letting them sell cars there by putting in a factory that will earn Texas a lot of money. I mean, I'm a little more vindictive than that. Let me set my factory up in a State that was pro-Tesla.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I just can't see Tesla rewarding Texas for not letting them sell cars there by putting in a factory that will earn Texas a lot of money. I mean, I'm a little more vindictive than that. Let me set my factory up in a State that was pro-Tesla.
At the same time, by accepting an offer from Austin, this would automatically include a deal to allow sales in Texas, two birds with one stone, yes?