Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
EXACTLY! It's not necessary. If you REALLY believe in the 'in 10 yrs we are doomed if we don't act now"
you would forgo ANY AND ALL unnecessary causes of global warming, right?

If you don't then, well, you are the same as a snake oil salesman.
Lol. I was being facetious.
Sponsored

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just read right now that the most sold car in Norway in January 2021 is NOT an EV for the first time in a year (Overall EVs win of course and it’s Audi e-Trons when Tesla is not shipping ). The most sold car in January is a Toyota RAV4 plugin-hybrid.

Hybrids and plug-in hybrids usually fall into the EV category.

3. I won’t say there are too many Teslas but the charging queues are getting lots of (negative) attention. Tesla is spitting out new superchargers all across the map but on popular routes it’s too slow and too few stalls. (Other chargers are known to be unreliable and slow and are also too few).
This is happening in the U.S. as well.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Hybrids and plug-in hybrids usually fall into the EV category.
Not here, but anyway the point was that it was notable that it suddenly wasn’t a fully electric vehicle that sold most.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not here, but anyway the point was that it was notable that it suddenly wasn’t a fully electric vehicle that sold most.
If it was notable why the anomaly? Any ideas? A one year tally will be more telling.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
A good video explaining the natural heating and cooling of the Earth

another good YT channel is Atlas Pro
Isn't it funny people think there is nothing that can be done whether it's man made or natural, that they can't change anything about the way they live. But at the same time they think people will live on Mars, change things there, lifestyle will have more changes to live on Mars than giving up beef, driving electric, installing heat pumps and solar panels.
The funny thing is none of those small climate sacrifices is really that much of a sacrifice.

People act as if coal mining was a great job. I don't know anything about coal mining I didn't learn from Loretta Lynn and I know it was a terrible job that left the workers destitute and sick.

OP
OP

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
A good video explaining the natural heating and cooling of the Earth

another good YT channel is Atlas Pro
Interesting for a bit, it's hard for me to give a shit about a 10,000 year period let alone a inter-glacial or even a 1000 year period. The guy has the whole black shirt vibe down, he's worked for NASA and PBS and yadda, yadda, yadda. Living till the next IceAge, circa 2700, is my generation's generations problem. Where's my CyberTruck and how are we going to get out of the hole that's been created in the last 150 years.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
A Norwegian dealer seems to have accepted Ferrell’s Superbowl challenge with five short videos with not quite the same reach?

https://www.bos.no/gameon/ (scroll past the Norwegian text)

(Audi, VW and MB dealer unfortunately though).

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
A Norwegian dealer seems to have accepted Ferrell’s Superbowl challenge with five short videos with not quite the same reach?

https://www.bos.no/gameon/ (scroll past the Norwegian text)

(Audi, VW and MB dealer unfortunately though).
Ha ha. Very funny but factually wrong! Norway only had 500,000 electric cars in 2020. USA about 1.5 million. # Norway is Smöl

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Ha ha. Very funny but factually wrong! Norway only had 500,000 electric cars in 2020. USA about 1.5 million. # Norway is Smöl
We always cling to “per capita” numbers, haha ? In absolute numbers China always wins ?But, yes, we are «smöl» and are less than a medium city over at your place. Don’t matter much in the big scheme of things and dependent on other nations, but sometimes maybe we can make quicker changes of policies and serve as a (small) good or bad example.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We always cling to “per capita” numbers, haha ? But, yes, we are «smöl» and are less than a medium city over at your place.
You're more populous than more than half the states and would rank in the top fifteen combined metro areas.

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
You're more populous than more than half the states and would rank in the top fifteen combined metro areas.

-Crissa
Interesting. Some states are less populous than I thought. Happy that we’re in this EV revolution together with you though. Keep making cutting edge EVs! We have lots of room for power hungry factories beside hydropower plants if that would come in handy.? Norway’s the 5th largest exporter of aluminum because of that kind of setup. Wish Tesla would set up shop.

Sorry about all this. Back on topic, think of the timeline what you will, but GM committing to this in such a big way can only be a net positive for slowly changing the general public’s minds.
Sponsored

Last edited: