Has anyone with a Founder’s invite actually talked to Tesla about the process if you want to wait for the non-founder’s version?

FirstRLast

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Tesla model 3s and 2 Cybertruck reservations
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Country flag
there is lifetime connectivity but not lifetime supercharging
Yeah if it had the lifetime super charging it would make this all way easier to choose
Sponsored

Warbird

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 75
Country flag
According to Tesla ignoring a Foundation Series invite keeps your reservation intact.

Tesla Cybertruck Has anyone with a Founder’s invite actually talked to Tesla about the process if you want to wait for the non-founder’s version? 1704484815558

jasonrankin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cybertruck
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So i got my invitation to configure. However, i don’t want the Founder’s edition and want more flexibility with options plus I am not interested in the Founder’s premium price markup. I have previously been on the waitlist for and then purchased a Model S (was P912, one of the first 1k reservation holders 5 years before my car was delivered) as well as a Model 3. In each of those cases there was an option that was easy to follow if you wanted to delay the purchase but not lose your place in line. With the CT there is no link or discussion or documentation I see anywhere that addresses this scenario. Has anyone in this position talked to Tesla with an official response regarding how this works for the CT?

Want the CyberBeast trimotor but I want to pick and choose my options and interior and want to save the $ for aftermarket upgrades.

Thoughts or experiences anyone?
Equally frustrating is I got my invitation to build on 12/8/23 and went ahead and built it. I am still waiting for Tesla to reply with a delivery date. Im tired of refreshing the app. haha.
Sponsored