OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
As an aside, Consumer Reports just came out this week and said GM autopilot is better than Tesla FSD, so we'll see what the situation is in 1.5 years.
Well, 3 out of 5 criteria were related to the systems ability to monitor driver's awareness. This was the same criteria last year. GM's Super Cruise scored highest on monitoring the driver, and scored much lower on the car's ability to self guide and ease of use. All combined, the GM system just squeaked out a better score than Tesla.

I'm positive that GM built their system to win this particular Consumer Reports test.

I'm also positive that Tesla, GM, etc., will all up their game over the next several years. Still, it's going to be hard for the incumbent auto makers to catch up, let alone surpass Tesla.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla's UI for Autopilot is superior to any other car I've seen. GM's doesn't come with a detailed display, so I honestly don't know how it could score higher.

Do these ratings agencies prefer automation that's done blind, leaving the driver guessing what it is reacting to?

-Crissa

strongsafety31

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I also have questions about the FSD. I ordered a couple of days after the reveal and specified FSD. This showed up on my order at $7000. Now when I look at my order the FSD is $10000. I thought the early reservation would preserve my initial FSD cost of $7000, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Marvin112

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta
Country flag
For any change of your order, perhaps you should have the right of getting an email notification.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
For any change of your order, perhaps you should have the right of getting an email notification.
It says right on the order page that it locks in your price for FSD.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Ozbie

Ozbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XKE, Cybertruck dual motor in my future
Country flag
View attachment 3815
1604002159529.png
Sure does! I locked mine in at 7k even though i will probably opt out.
How do you know it's locked in though, the assumption is that Tesla is keeping records of each reservation, however it would be reassuring to have the locked in price posted in the reservation confirmation.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
..., the assumption is that Tesla is keeping records of each reservation, ...
They have to keep records, because they would have a huge class-action lawsuit on their hands if they didn't.

If they don't, a court is likely to award everyone FSD at the lowest price. Or worse, for Tesla.

-Crissa

FrenchBully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor on order
Country flag
I'm not too impressed with Tesla not responding to my emails where I asked what price my FSD is at, except by having a salesperson trying to sell me a car. Also, I tweeted them yesterday on Twitter asking about FSD reservations and they didn't answer there either.

Deke

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm also getting worried. I ordered early December 2019 Dual motor AWD and FSD FSD showed $7000. Now it shows $10000 Does anyone know how do we confirm original FSD price ? ? ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not too impressed with Tesla not responding to my emails where I asked what price my FSD is at...
I'm also getting worried. I ordered early December 2019 Dual motor AWD and FSD FSD showed $7000. Now it shows $10000 ...
Look, A) They're not taking any money from you now. B) Worrying about money that's not being spent is fruitless. C) They are liable for the advertised price. D) Don't you think that every journalist will be on your side if Tesla reneges?

Take a breath and worry about it when it's time to sign the final contract. Not until then.

-Crissa

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag