FranzFASTBALL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, 2010 Ford Flex
Country flag
I'm very much new to this whole Tesla experience but curious as to what the expectations should be regarding included options, and what are likely optional upgrades to be available at the various trim levels?

For example, the tonneau cover..... Is it safe to assume that that'll be included. What to expect regarding interior upgrades, the ride videos show an upper light bar as well as fog lights, will any of that be an upgrade? How about the tailgates ramp feature? 110/220v outlets, air line, and adjustable suspension, any chance any of these are moved into the options category? Assuming there will be a couple Wheel choices available, as well as some of the added accessories shown on the webpage (camping stuff and so forth), so beyond that what else should we expect?
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So the tonneau cover, air suspension and compressor will all be standard as all of these are required to achieve the stated driving range. The lights and 240V should also be standard, but the camping setup is obviously extra. Typically Teslas are options poor, so you will probably get a choice of seat coverings, wheels and FSD, but that is probably all. Originally there was not even going to be paint colour options on this model, but you can get it wrapped anyway . Its also a bit early to tell what they might add in the next two years, but I'd be happy with just the above, there will be tons of accessories if you need them.

OP
OP

FranzFASTBALL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm really digging the raw SS look, where did you see that they'll be offered with vinyl wraps? I'm assuming $3k plus for vinyl and RAW SS as standard.

NPATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Not sure if Tesla would provide vinyl wraps as an option. With the straight design, I wouldn’t be surprised if many owners do a DIY project. It certainly won’t be as challenging as other cars.

OP
OP

FranzFASTBALL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if Tesla would provide vinyl wraps as an option. With the straight design, I wouldn’t be surprised if many owners do a DIY project. It certainly won’t be as challenging as other cars.

There's a Twitter comment from Musk that suggests that will be made available wrapped with a photoshopped matte black Cybertruck.

But yes, you are probably right, this just might be the easiest vehicle to self wrap ever created.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
There's a Twitter comment from Musk that suggests that will be made available wrapped with a photoshopped matte black Cybertruck.

But yes, you are probably right, this just might be the easiest vehicle to self wrap ever created.
From memory Motortrend wrote about it. They had the exclusive and also the best writeup I found so far.

OP
OP

FranzFASTBALL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought that was a comment TO Musk, not FROM him. But I don't use Twitter, so I don't know for certain.

It was, but Musk's response was sure. Plus I'm pretty sure the motortrend article confirms a wrap will be an option.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Autopilot is essentially lane assist and radar cruise control by any other manufacture, with a couple of tweaks. FSD is Full Self Driving where you don't need to do anything to get from point A to B. So no navigation, no stearing or braking etc. Most of it is to be released still.

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
I also heard talk of solar panels in the bed cover that can give 15 miles charge per day. Cool idea that would be most useful when camping, except that most camper setups will require the bed cover to be retracted :-/

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This will be my first Tesla and last vehicle.

What extras or "gotchas" do you need to be aware of from Tesla? I am guessing there is a subscription service to internet connection. Yes/no?

One reason I have bought mostly used vehicles in the past us I hate the nickle and dining the dealerships pull on you.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Autopilot is essentially lane assist and radar cruise control by any other manufacture, with a couple of tweaks. FSD is Full Self Driving where you don't need to do anything to get from point A to B. So no navigation, no stearing or braking etc. Most of it is to be released still.
I don’t understand. You can use autopilot navigation to go from point A to point B now, it depends on where point A and point B are that determines how good a job it does. Tesla hasn’t released their city driving mode (basically handling intersections, right/left turns), and it will be adding support for edge cases probably forever, but you understate what is available. If you are accidentally conflating FSD with Level 5 autonomy well that would just be a mistake. FSD means that all of the features associated with full self driving are implemented, not to what degree they are accepted as meeting anyone’s definition for autonomous driving. FSD may never be Level 5 because that is a regulatory and policy decision, and it is also a personal choice as to how much to trust autopilot, no matter how good it is. Suffice it to say that autopilot gets better with almost every update, and a Elon Musk says that when their ‘4D’ rewrite is done there will be a sea change in its quality.
Sponsored