Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
It's the first month of deliveries...What do we think the open market value for a fully loaded tri-motor will be?
1.5X MSRP... 2X?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
First month? I’ll bet there will be some willing to pay better than 200k.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I suspect someone might be willing to pay an extra 20g's for a tri motor. This is why I ordered a second one, a tri, while I have a dual for me. The first is #216,000, the second is about #1.5 million. #2 will show up in about 6 years? I have no idea what I'm doing.

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Highlander 2022 Model Y LR
Country flag
It's the first month of deliveries...What do we think the open market value for a fully loaded tri-motor will be?
1.5X MSRP... 2X?
If the CT has a very low VIN and since it is a completely new type of vehicle that will be part of a disruptive change in transportation and utility, I think a collector could easily pay $250,000 and never put it on the road.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
If the CT has a very low VIN and since it is a completely new type of vehicle that will be part of a disruptive change in transportation and utility, I think a collector could easily pay $250,000 and never put it on the road.
Curse those oil barons, trying to keep EVs off the road however they can!! Posing as a "collector" ?

I think it'll go for $100k for tri-motor, but honestly depends on the area. The challenge will be getting it fast enough and listing it soon enough and hoping that they haven't shipped 20k more by the time you do that. I can guarantee that flippers will be among the first to get delivery and they will swiftly be selling them ASAP for the gains.

The first CT for sale might go for $200k, then the next couple $120k, then the following 10 $90k, then slow diminish down to MSRP + $5k service fee until demand is relatively caught up.

Now, keep in mind these are prices before factoring in FSD cost. If you're truly excited about flipping the CT for profit, I sure hope you pre-ordered FSD while it was <$10k. That will make you a lot more value on resale as well!

Ex: if FSD is $15k by the time CT deliveries happen and you locked in at $7k, you can sell it with FSD for (let's say $13k) and still make $5k on that feature alone.

P.S. don't get too excited about the FSD subscription model "coming out next year" per Elon. He also previously said it would be more cost effective to buy FSD outright vs subscribe, meaning it'll very likely be in the hundreds per month (like $399/mo).

If robotaxis a are a thing, a subscription makes sense and having fully paid FSD makes waaay more sense. But outside that, I'm not sure many people will be too excited in relatity to be paying almost a whole car payment each month on the convenience to be an early FSD adopter. Many might try it for a month or two and enjoy it, but can't find the value in paying such a steep subscription for the premium until it's polished and cancel.

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Curse those oil barons, trying to keep EVs off the road however they can!! Posing as a "collector" ?

I think it'll go for $100k for tri-motor, but honestly depends on the area. The challenge will be getting it fast enough and listing it soon enough and hoping that they haven't shipped 20k more by the time you do that. I can guarantee that flippers will be among the first to get delivery and they will swiftly be selling them ASAP for the gains.

The first CT for sale might go for $200k, then the next couple $120k, then the following 10 $90k, then slow diminish down to MSRP + $5k service fee until demand is relatively caught up.

Now, keep in mind these are prices before factoring in FSD cost. If you're truly excited about flipping the CT for profit, I sure hope you pre-ordered FSD while it was <$10k. That will make you a lot more value on resale as well!

Ex: if FSD is $15k by the time CT deliveries happen and you locked in at $7k, you can sell it with FSD for (let's say $13k) and still make $5k on that feature alone.

P.S. don't get too excited about the FSD subscription model "coming out next year" per Elon. He also previously said it would be more cost effective to buy FSD outright vs subscribe, meaning it'll very likely be in the hundreds per month (like $399/mo).

If robotaxis a are a thing, a subscription makes sense and having fully paid FSD makes waaay more sense. But outside that, I'm not sure many people will be too excited in relatity to be paying almost a whole car payment each month on the convenience to be an early FSD adopter. Many might try it for a month or two and enjoy it, but can't find the value in paying such a steep subscription for the premium until it's polished and cancel.
FSD goes with the purchaser.....not the vehicle so the resale concept isn't accurate.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
FSD goes with the purchaser.....not the vehicle so the resale concept isn't accurate.
That's not true, unfortunately. FSD stays with the vehicle currently. There is talk about FSD going with the owner or it being made optional to transfer, but currently it stays with the car upon resale.

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
That's not true, unfortunately. FSD stays with the vehicle currently. There is talk about FSD going with the owner or it being made optional to transfer, but currently it stays with the car upon resale.
this is an important detail - source?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the question is when will the first month be? I'm slated for July 2022 @ 146 092 in line......
I am at 46,160.....I have tri-motor with FSD.....I agree that most people who ordered it will use it very little as the truck will be mostly off road....I may be mistaken, though.....I am scheduled for around apr 22, but I'll bet it will be closer to jun/jul timeframe
Sponsored