Is a Cyber line of Tesla vehicles on the horizon?

Edisonsucks

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor, 08 Cayman s
Country flag
Makes sense. The cybertruck is going to slash their cost down so might as well keep the ball rolling with other models.

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Rolls Royce Phantom EWB
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I like the car version but it should be bare metal the same as the others since eliminating the paint segment of the factory is a key element in limiting production costs. Aftermarket raps people can do on their own.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
From what Sandy Monroe an others have said, the cost savings of the Cybertruck design is based on an Exoskeleton made with 3mm Stainless Steel.
NO PAINT, flat surfaces with straight bends done with a press is how you form the shape of the body/ Exoskeleton. A couple of those designs don't take that into consideration.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
The red one reminds me of the dodge challenger/charger. Always get them mixed up.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Then make robots ?
and call them Cybots.
kidding aside I can definitely see a whole slew of “Cyber” products coming directly from this series.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There should be a Cybertrike.
Three wheeled vehicles count as autocycles, which means no costly and time consuming homologation process.
Two seater exoskeleton, hubless single motor, 30kWh pack, $20k.

Sketch0019.jpg
A whole bunch of people got exited about the Elio. This would be a lot more expensive than an Elio was going to be but it would be a much better vehicle. Someone should post this on the Elio owners forum.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I would not be surprised at all if we see a CyberSUV CyberVan in the not to distant future. Both could easily be crafted using the CT as a base.

The one thing we wont see (sadly) is an aftermarket segment (IE Chassis/Cab) for use in things like box vans, ambulances, RVs, flat beds, tow trucks, etc. There is no traditional frame rails in which to build upon.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
A whole bunch of people got exited about the Elio. This would be a lot more expensive than an Elio was going to be but it would be a much better vehicle. Someone should post this on the Elio owners forum.
I had an early $1k deposit on an Elio. My money vaporized along with 65k others thanks to founder Paul Elio‘s lack of business expertise. Overstock.com even invested $2.5 million dollars into the venture.

Tesla Cybertruck Is a Cyber line of Tesla vehicles on the horizon? 4C0CC638-1538-4CEC-93EE-3537603489A9

Tesla Cybertruck Is a Cyber line of Tesla vehicles on the horizon? E3F2418C-66CA-40B9-98CA-4DE6A426A5C4

Last edited:

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I had an early $1k deposit on an Elio. My money vaporized along with 65k others thanks to founder Paul Elio‘s lack of business expertise. Overstock.com even invested $2.5 million dollars into the venture.

4C0CC638-1538-4CEC-93EE-3537603489A9.jpeg

E3F2418C-66CA-40B9-98CA-4DE6A426A5C4.jpeg
I’m in that same boat, lost 1k

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

4C0CC638-1538-4CEC-93EE-3537603489A9.jpeg

E3F2418C-66CA-40B9-98CA-4DE6A426A5C4.jpeg
How can I unsee this?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
No, don't do that... There isn't much point in poking at other's misfortunes... The Elio was going after a much different price point than Tesla. I mean, sub-$8,000 is a hard target to hit and there just isn't a new-car option available for some lower income people. At 84 MPG, the Elio would be really close if not cheaper to drive than the Cybertruck just on fuel/electricity costs. Anyway, going on an enthusiast forum just to be an ass is just making yourself an ass and making someone else's world a little darker.
Sponsored