Is anyone getting "Invitations to Configure" recently?

OP
OP
docowen

docowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Adding my info to the mix.

Tried to get in on early delivery program based on referral points in Feb--could not do it thanks to Virginia state law (Bird dog laws--look 'em up). I had >35 test drives easily. Zero points earned. Very frustrating.

Learned about the long-term shareholder (LTS) program in March and submitted qualifying paperwork immediately. (Screenshots made into PDFs of account with account numbers redacted. I didn't rely on "Say" to prove my longevity as a shareholder.) Uploaded PDFs accepted by Tesla.

I got my invitation to configure on 5/10 as part of the the LTS program. Ordered/configured the next day. ($1,000 non-refundable deposit)

My original reservation date was Dec 2019 (RN 11311XXXX). Not sure how much LTS factors in at this point, especially since I've seen other RN113s getting their invitations (prior to 5/11/24) without it.

I'm guessing that LTS won't make a difference on the configuration-to-VIN time (seems like about 100 days?). I'd like to hear if others can refute that. I hope that the LTS program shortens the config-to-VIN wait, but who knows?

Thanks for any additional insights from the community!
I suspect your LTS program did help. I too am sitting at 11311 in VA. The highest sequential number in the tracker was 11307 so it probably bumped you ahead by a bit. Can you give a bit more specifics regarding the bird dog law in VA? When I try to look it up all I get is info about running hunting dogs on private property.
Sponsored

HornedHelmet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Publishing Manager
Country flag
https://mvdb.virginia.gov/wp-content/uploads/DocumentLibrary/dlr-tlk-feb-2012.pdf

VA law says (not exact wording) that you can't earn compensation leading to a car purchase unless you are a licensed car dealer. Referral points--even if earned through test drives--have tangible value and are considered compensation.

My local Tesla folks know this, so they tell buyers (referrers) that they can't earn points from referring a sale. My local Tesla folks *thought* that you could still earn referral points through test drives, since they don't necessarily lead to a purchase. They encouraged me to earn referral points through test drives, including offering to help me do a "test drive event."

Alas! 35 test drives later and zero referral points. A big thud.

None of this matters anymore anyway since the referral program ended 4/30. I also believe that the Early Delivery program opened and closed so quickly that points I might've earned after 2/17 weren't going to be usable anyway.

Hope this helps.